T Nation

WHAT A SHOOT

First, I don’t have an opinion one way or the other about cops. Some are good, some are bad, just like any other profession. Ministers, Doctors, you name it. I think JILL has a point though in saying we tend to blow shit up and flame cops when they make bad judgement calls or stupid mistakes. Remember 2 years ago in California when that guy grabbed this lady’s poodle out of her car and threw it into oncoming traffic because of a road rage incident? That dog is just as dead and that guy obviously did it maliciously. Very little was said about that. Anyhow, I’ve had cops get in my face, and I’ve also had cops go out of their way to help me and my family. IMO… If this turns out to be stupidity on the part of the officer or downright meanness, bust him down to animal control officer for a year and take away his gun but lets not flame ALL cops for mistakes that are made by a few. After all, even people as dimwitted as FUCK THE POLICE and his evil henchman YEA, FUCK THE POLICE have to admit that the media only gives us the bad stuff on cops. The good stuff, you never hear about. Honestly, I don’t think I could do the job. It seems to me like in some cases, you’ve got a split second to decide what to do, then you’ve got people with all kinds of time, sitting back and picking apart what you did or should’ve done. Low pay, Weird hours, Thankless nature of the job, dealing with cracked up idiots, maniacs with guns…etc. Not for me.