Westside With No Squatting?

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Matt wrote:
Find a different doctor.

Powerlifting without squats is like fucking without cumming. Ask WABDL hahahaha

The chip is underneath my patellar tendon and is partially embedded. He doesnt want to operate on it because it would cause a lot of disruption to the tendon and probably put me up for about 6 months.[/quote]

You mean that surgery(arthroscopy) can be done to remove a torn meniscus from an extremely narrow space between the actual leg bones with little disruption, but a chip cannot be removed from an area that is meant to move? jeez, people wouldn’t have patellar tracking issues if the darn thing wasn’t loose.

I think you need a second opinion, definitely. There shouldn’t be a need to cut the tendon to get the chip, especially if there’s an MRI available so you know exactly where it is.

I am not a doctor, but this just doesn’t sound right. And even if an op does cause 6 months difficulty, you can then enjoy full leg mobility for the rest of your life.

I have to agree with skidmark, second opinion dude!

Im going to get a second opinion when I can get to/can afford going to a doctor. Im going to try easing back into squatting with some box squats every now and then and see how it goes. My stance is fairly wide so I may take Hanley’s advice and work the high boxes some and then every 6-8 weeks do heavy stuff in a suit?