Westside Tapering

Those of you using the Westside conjugate method, how do you taper off for a meet?

Two week taper. Last ME squat 15+ days out, last ME BP 12 days out, Last ME DL 22 days out. Speed work with straight weight or chains, and slight increase in assistance and extra workouts in taper.

[quote]jackreape wrote:
Two week taper. Last ME squat 15+ days out, last ME BP 12 days out, Last ME DL 22 days out. Speed work with straight weight or chains, and slight increase in assistance and extra workouts in taper.[/quote]

How long before the meet do you stop lifting completely? Or do you keep doing speed work and assistance work up until the meet?

One week out, you just rest and hydrate and eat. Unless you have to get down to a certain weight. Then I’m not sure, I don’t know haven’t delt with it before.

[quote]Chris Adams wrote:
One week out, you just rest and hydrate and eat. Unless you have to get down to a certain weight. Then I’m not sure, I don’t know haven’t delt with it before.[/quote]

My friend just eats very little the day before, and drinks nothing but coffee. Then the night before he eats two lemons. He’s lost up to five pounds this way, and it doesn’t seem to effect his lifting.

Check out westside-barbell.com. Go to the articles, 2002 and there is an article called pre-meet training.