Westside & Maintenance Calories

ive done about 2 months of rippetoe’s and now im doing WS4SB. ive got some size gains from rippetoe’s but i want to focus more on size now. my bodyfat remained about the same after rippetoe’s. what would happen if i did westside workouts to focus on size, by doing a 4x10 rep/set scheme, but ate at maintenance level, about 2200 calories. and if i added some HIIT to try to lower body fat.
i know i would probably take away from my size gains a bit, but i want to lower my body fat percentage to get a little more cut.

any advice on eating? just got into college so its a little harder to eat the things that i want. eating schedule with amt of calories would be nice.

If you haven’t been training long almost anything will work. How much do you weigh, though? 2200 cals isn’t many, did you include your energy expenditure from training in that?

Make sure you get enough protein.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
If you haven’t been training long almost anything will work. How much do you weigh, though? 2200 cals isn’t many, did you include your energy expenditure from training in that?

Make sure you get enough protein.[/quote]

i weight between 150-155. im just wondering what would happen to my body if i was doing size gain workouts, but ate at that level. basically im eating to maintain but doing exercises to get bigger.

If you haven’t been training long then you will probably lose some fat and put on some muscle. How much depends on a number of factors, but that’s not important.

If you have been training for longer than a year, then you will probably just lose fat and possibly some muscle.

At 150-155 I’m guessing you probably haven’t been training for long and you would get better results by eating slightly above maintenance. Most beginners will grow muscle faster than fat and you will therefore have a more lean body overall.

2200 calories is less than my petite wife eats, btw. And she doesn’t train either. You might want to look up some of the excellent articles on nutrition here.