Westside for Skinny Bastards

i just started the first version of this, and my appetite is through the roof. i literally can’t stop eating, and even if i restrict myself, i am taking in at least 3500cal a day. i’m assuming it has to do with the sprints i’m doing also (i’m doing 400m sprints 2x every 3 days). is this common??

3500 Cals and you are complaining?

i’m supposed to be trimming down a bit :frowning:

i can’t ever seem to bring my cals down below 3000, my appetite is enormous. if i ate instinctually, i have little doubt that i would pile on the fat very fast.

i’m an endomorph, it’s a constant battle keeping my weight down, my metabolism is slow. i put on mass very easily (i’ve put on over 40lbs in my first 1.2 years of training). that is not my issue like most other people.

So you arent skinny yet you chose a progarm designed specifically for “skinny bastards”?

[quote]samsmarts wrote:
So you arent skinny yet you chose a progarm designed specifically for “skinny bastards”?

[/quote]

Westside works for fat bastards too. Don’t let the name fool you.

^ Yes it does. It is a great progarm. But the version being discussed here is ideal for skinny folks.

Louis Simmons discusses many variations on the westside site. The westside gym and crew didnt get dubbed the MECCA of powerlifting over one article.

I think your huge appetite is your body telling you that you no longer have a slow metabolism. Eat. Eat as much as you want. Just eat good stuff.

mate, i do 10-12 mins of 30 secs on/30 sec off on the T-mill after each workout and have gotten stronger and bigger while losing fat…i havent piled on the lbs as if i was training for massize size but blokes at footy reckon im a beast…so, get the sprints in more and just eat GOOD…you’ll lose the fat but keep the strength…works for me…

[quote]samsmarts wrote:

[/quote]

I’m 6’ and 240lbs and I do the program. I’ve had great results. Don’t let the name fool you.

[quote]samsmarts wrote:
^ Yes it does. It is a great progarm. But the version being discussed here is ideal for skinny folks.

Louis Simmons discusses many variations on the westside site. The westside gym and crew didnt get dubbed the MECCA of powerlifting over one article.

www.westside-barbell.com/articles.htm[/quote]

They also did not write the article being discussed.

The program is not specifically designed for skinny people.