Westside For Skinny Bastards III

[quote]superhero#1 wrote:
I swear to you…I am hard.[/quote]

my 3 incher is fully erected right now!

oh, yeah, the 'ol timzeone thing - its the 14th in Aus, lol…

I’ve been looking forward to this one as well. I made great strength gains on WS4SB two years ago, but I’ve been focusing on my conditioning the last few months (and getting leaner).

I’m still using max strength workouts as prescribed in WS4SB, but part 3 will have some things I really want to see including off-season, pre-season and in-season training templates as well as the “Washed Up Meathead” template for those of us not in college or playing organized sports. I play tackle football with friends several months out of the year, so I like to be in good shape to play hard and get through the soreness the day after.

It’s out!
http://www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/WS4SB.pdf

Great Janet!! Waiting’s over!!!

It’s here…Here’s the link:

www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/default.asp

I’m so doing this program when I’m done with the one I’m already on

Is this one not coming out on T-Nation as well?

[quote]Kaz wrote:
Is this one not coming out on T-Nation as well?[/quote]

Nope, only elitefts.com and Joe’s site.

I may give the program a whirl in a couple months.

It’s good. I’m surprised it didn’t say much about using strongman exercises/conditioning in this article or if it’s still recommended for off-season or pre-season work.

All in all, not too much different than WS4SB 1 or 2 (only a few minor adjustments).

Once I’m done with my grappling tourney in Nov., I’ll likely be giving this program a go.

I’m planning on joining the Y tomarrow, so I think I’m going to start with this routine.

I’m very happy with the in-season part of this article. I think everyone focuses on the off season so much they don’t maintain their strength levels very well during the actual season.

I’m starting my off season on Monday, so the timing of this couldn’t be any better.

Awesome work Joe.

[quote]mikem395 wrote:

www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/default.asp[/quote]

I’m famous. Page 21. Look at that stallion.

Alright. I’ve been doing WS4SB with 2 leg days for quite some time. This whole jumping business, I totally love. But instead of jumping I’m going to do Olympic lifts. Why? because I know how to do them, because all the hurdles and plyo blocks at my college are locked up, and because I need to keep up with the amazing feats the crossfitters have been putting in their videos on their websites.

I’m also not going to do 15-20 reps with DB bench on Max-Effort Upper Body day because I think that might be a typo in the program and using 6-10 reps for the second movement on Max Effort Upper Body day has worked well for me.

I acknowledge that I’m just fucking with a perfect workout but I’ve been doing WS4SB 2 for quite some time and I need some room for Olympic lifts.

I’m also glad to see that Barbell Rows and T-Bar Rows have made their way into the Lat-Upper Back Superset. Next to Deadlifts, these are probably the best way to freak out people curling in the squat rack.

If I find I’m overtraining and my lower body max effort day does suffer, I’ll quickly admit to being a fickle fool.

I really want to try the 2-3-4 board press progression labeled as “Tricep Death!”

[quote]De sleeplijn wrote:
mikem395 wrote:

I’m famous. Page 21. Look at that stallion.[/quote]

Christ, Sleeplijn, I hope you got some serious royalties.

Didn’t he want the “before” picture as well?

[quote]De sleeplijn wrote:
mikem395 wrote:

I’m famous. Page 21. Look at that stallion.[/quote]

Congrats. Looking good on DeFranco’s website too.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
De sleeplijn wrote:
mikem395 wrote:

I’m famous. Page 21. Look at that stallion.

Congrats. Looking good on DeFranco’s website too.[/quote]

Awesome.

Great article. I’ve spent the last 6 months on the original WS4SB template and gained 15lbs of muscle and losing 10lb of fat. Needless to say I’m a fan.

One thing that struck me about the latest article was Joe D’s comments about how his athletes burned out from doing the same repetition upper body movements over and over - this was my experience as well and I wondered what I was doing wrong. I like his solution of changing not only the exercise but the sets and reps as well.

Must say though, whilst there are only minor difference between the templates presented in the 3 WS4SB articles, I prefer the second one the best.

I don’t spend much time commenting in these forums anymore, but I had to say that Joe DeFranco’s programs have had a positive impact on the basketball players I train, definitely skinny bastards. I believe in Joe’s methods.

And eriksson, thanks for the link to the WSB III article at elitelifts.com. The program and the slick formatting of the article are so beautiful, I almost cried.