Westside for Fat Bastards

This is a thread to show my fat loss progress using a low carb diet and the Westside training approach. I had a similar thread a few months ago. During the last go around, this online training journal really seemed to help keep me consistent, so I am going to chart everyting that I do in my quest to two hundred pounds and an increase on my best lifts.
Here are some stats

262 down from 285
Bench
Box Squat
Good Morning
Deadlift
Here we go any advice or comments are welcome.

DE Bench

Speed Bench
135x3x8(using different grips)

Carpet press
205x5
225x5
245x4

T-Bar Row
3 45lb platesx6x3

I am coming off a pretty long layoff, so I took it pretty easy. The weights moved well, and I will move them up a bit next week. I usually do aerobics in the morning, but I have been feeling like shit lately. I took that as a cue to cut back a bit.
Diet
Meal 1:
Steak and 4 eggs
fruit
1 multi
fish oil
Magnesium and potassium
Meal 2:
Low carb burger
fish oil
fruit
Meal 3:
Low carb burger
fish oil
fruit
Meal 4:
Teriyaki Chicken wings

Tear it up Shane. Westside is good. I did pure Westside about 4 years ago to prep for a Bodybuilding contest and wound up second. Are Carpet Presses like Floor Presses? Best of luck to you.

Barry

Thanks for the support, buddy.
Carpet presses are benching off a piece of carpet(I use a rolled towel). It takes all the momentum out of the movement I find that they are much harder than just taking it from your chest, but you have to let the carpet compress all the way.

5/2/05
ME SQUAT

Good Mornings
45x10,135x3,165x3,205x3,225x3,265x3,
290x3,315x3,345x3

Deadlift(playing around)
135x3,225x3,315x1,365x1,405x1

Pull throughs
120x10x3

Leg lifts
1x25
1x15
1x10

Pretty good for my first leg day back from my few month layoff. I left a little bit on the bar with the good mornings, but 345 was plenty tough. My weight dropped quite a bit today. I am down to 255. I am sure that it is mostly due to water. Whatever, it was nice to see the scale drop.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1115080402670.resim3.jpg

Good luck shane. You’ll be dead sexy in no time.

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!

Meals 5/2/05

Meal 1
2 eggs steak
potassium, magnsium, fish oil, multi

Meal 2
low carb burger
potassium, fish oil

Meal 3
1/2 roasted chicken
vegetable stir fry
potassium, fish oil

Meal 4
asian fish salad

alot of tea and coffee, and only about 50-60 ounces of water.

5/5/05
Me Bench

High Board Press
45x15, 135x3, 165x3, 185x3, 205x3, 225x3, 255x3, 275x3, 300x3

Tate Press
50x12x3

Lat Pulldown
140x12x3

I took an extra day off due to some back trouble. My bench press sucks. Ever since I lost the thrity pounds, I just cant get back my old numbers. I guess that is the price you pay for being in lean and sexy…umm…well fat and sexy would do.

5/06/05
DE Squat

Low bench squat
225x2x10

Rack Pull
495x3x3

Weighted Sit ups
25x10x2

I havent squated in almost a year. 225 was very easy, but I want to work up slow. Well, Im tired. Good night!

If your max bench is 365 why are you only using 135 for speed benches?

Should be using around 185 or so.

Westside is on my horizon, and I’ve been reading the hell out of any related articles both on this site as well as elitefts.com. So far, however, I’ve been unable to find out what a ‘pull through’ is. I know this isn’t the best post in which to ask this question, but everyone seemed well informed on the subject.

BTW, keep up the good work Shane. Keep posting your progress.

[quote]leon79 wrote:
Westside is on my horizon, and I’ve been reading the hell out of any related articles both on this site as well as elitefts.com. So far, however, I’ve been unable to find out what a ‘pull through’ is. I know this isn’t the best post in which to ask this question, but everyone seemed well informed on the subject.

BTW, keep up the good work Shane. Keep posting your progress.[/quote]

You can find pull-throughs on the following link:

Dave Tate’s Toolbox. Always great stuff, especially in re: to Westside.

Kuz

Beer:

Thanks for the post. I started with the low wieght because I havent lifted for awhile, and I wanted to transition to the heavier wieghts. 365 was my max before I went on my layoff.

I am having trouble with pull throughs if I could get some help with them it would be appreciated.

when I “pull through” the movement the cable doesn’t actually pull out and instead just moves up my legs toward my croatch. It also doesn’t have any effect on the muscles I am trying to train. any advice?

5/8/05
DE Bench

Speed Bench(different grips)
165x3x8

Carpet Press
255x5x3

T-bar rows
3platesx5x2
3 45lb & 1 25lbx 5 x 2

Things are starting to move a little better, and I am starting to find a better groove with my bench. All theses set were very easy. I think that I will move up a bit for the next weeks workouts.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
leon79 wrote:

BTW, keep up the good work Shane. Keep posting your progress.

You can find pull-throughs on the following link:

Dave Tate’s Toolbox. Always great stuff, especially in re: to Westside.

Kuz[/quote]

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Kuz.

[quote]leon79 wrote:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Kuz.[/quote]

Very welcome. I KNEW it was on the site somewhere, so I kept hunting until I found it. I actually tried to explain it at first on my own… and then thought, screw it. Dave Tate can explain it 1,000X better than me. :wink:

Kuz