Westside During Cutting

Hey Guys,
I’ve been doing CT’s Ripped to the Bone program and its been going great. I lift for 20 sets 3 times a week btw 4-8 RM and uphill walking 3 or 4 days a week along with the T-Dawg Diet. I have made strength gains and lost no muscle during this.

Does anyone think it possible to use the Westside 4 a week method with 3 days of cardio or GPP work while on a fat loss type diet. Would the diet seriously hinder my strength progress? Let me know what you think. Thanks
-Matt

On a german board a natural shot putter used westside trainig to keep strength levels up while dieting with lots of success (actually he increased his strength a little)

[quote]Matgic wrote:
Hey Guys,
I’ve been doing CT’s Ripped to the Bone program and its been going great. I lift for 20 sets 3 times a week btw 4-8 RM and uphill walking 3 or 4 days a week along with the T-Dawg Diet. I have made strength gains and lost no muscle during this.

Does anyone think it possible to use the Westside 4 a week method with 3 days of cardio or GPP work while on a fat loss type diet. Would the diet seriously hinder my strength progress? Let me know what you think. Thanks
-Matt[/quote]

West Side while cutting? No problems, I did that last year with great results.

Regarding the diet hindering strengthgains… It’s hard to do both, concentrate on one target at the time, gain strength or lose fat, hard to do both succesfully, simultaneously (sp).

When dieting for fat-loss you basically train to maintain.

Remember, Rome wasn’t burnt in one day :wink:

Could you post the link for the Ripped to the bone program?

Thanks guys…the link is http://www.t-nation.com/
readTopic.do;jsessionid=AB9D628B79E4D7599ADCCF7E2E1831B7.titan?id=517831

Definetly worth a try.