Westside, A Plan

[quote]Modi wrote:

Sorry, missed your question.

I started competing last Feb. I squatted an easy 370. I didn’t know it was going to be a Full Meet, so I hadn’t tested a max in quite some time. I hit a 340 bench, and I also DL’ed 525 at that meet, and that was a 25lb PR.

My last meet was in December, and I hit a 501 Squat, 358 Bench and 601 Deadlift.

Just to give you an idea of some recent gym lifts…I hit a 505 Squat a couple of weeks ago using a 14" box for depth, but my hammies have blown up from all the squatting and DLing, and unfortunately the 14" box is a little above parallel now, so I’ll test that again soon using a lower box. I just hit a 365 paused bench, and would have locked out a 380 touch and go, but my spotter touched it, so I’m not counting it. And I got a 610 DL, but couldn’t lock it out without a hitch, but certainly got it much closer than before.

I always make sure that even though I’m squatting and pulling twice in the same week, that they are different movements. I might use a wide stance Squat early in the week, and a front squat later in the week, or a Sumo Deadlift early, and a Deficit Dead later in the week. I have 4 or 5 Squats and 4 or 5 pulls that I rotate in some for or another.

Again, I’m not offering Bench advice until I know that it’s going up again. [/quote]

Cheers bro. Looks like things are going well for ya. You’ve seen abotu 100-120lb extra on your squat, 20-30lb on your bench and 75 on your pull in under a year?? That;s pretty sick going. Almost 100kg extra on your total like. I’d be happy with half of that.

Did you see much weight gain over that period?

I’m gonna stick up a box squat vid later, maybe you could give it a look when I get it up?

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Cheers bro. Looks like things are going well for ya. You’ve seen abotu 100-120lb extra on your squat, 20-30lb on your bench and 75 on your pull in under a year?? That;s pretty sick going. Almost 100kg extra on your total like. I’d be happy with half of that.

I’m gonna stick up a box squat vid later, maybe you could give it a look when I get it up?[/quote]

Keep in mind that the 370 was easy…I was probably good for another 20lbs that day. I started Westside right after my first meet, so either Feb or March of '07.

I’ve made modifications along the way, but I’m currently as close to the original template as I’ve ever been. I do rotate ME movments on a weekly basis, the only major changes are my alternating RE and DE every two weeks, and I train my lats on Lower day, because they usually get some work during my pulls and they are already warm.

I weighed 238 (I think) last Feb, and I’m at 260-262 right now, so 20-25lbs of weight gain. The first two meets I competed in the 242’s and the last one I was 258, so I just competed in the 275’s. I won’t cut weight unless it means qualifying for a major meet, or making an Elite total.

I’d be happy to look at your Box Squat. I’ve recently changed mine a bit, and it’s helped a lot.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Hanley wrote:

I’m gonna stick up a box squat vid later, maybe you could give it a look when I get it up?

Keep in mind that the 370 was easy…I was probably good for another 20lbs that day. I started Westside right after my first meet, so either Feb or March of '07.

I’ve made modifications along the way, but I’m currently as close to the original template as I’ve ever been. I do rotate ME movments on a weekly basis, the only major changes are my alternating RE and DE every two weeks, and I train my lats on Lower day, because they usually get some work during my pulls and they are already warm.

I weighed 238 (I think) last Feb, and I’m at 260-262 right now, so 20-25lbs of weight gain. The first two meets I competed in the 242’s and the last one I was 258, so I just competed in the 275’s. I won’t cut weight unless it means qualifying for a major meet, or making an Elite total.

I’d be happy to look at your Box Squat. I’ve recently changed mine a bit, and it’s helped a lot.
[/quote]

Thanks man! they’re still some savage increases.

Here she is Box Squats PR's - YouTube

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Thanks man! they’re still some savage increases.

Here she is Box Squats PR's - YouTube
[/quote]

Thanks Hanley, I just commented on you squats in your other thread.