Repetition upper

Day 6
Conditioning

Day 7
Dynamic lower

Max upper day :

A. (work up to max set of 3-5)

Bench press alternated with Overhead press

B. ( perform 2 max sets first set hit 15-20 reps)

Flat neutral grip dumbbell press

C. (row and rear delt superset 3-4 sets 8-12 reps)

Dumbbell rows
Rear delt flyes

D. (3-4 sets 8-15 reps)

Dumbbell shrugs

E. (3-4 sets 8-15 reps)

Hammer curls

Max lower day:

A. ( work to max set of 3-5)

Olympic squats alternated with Snatch grip deadlifts

B. (3 sets 6-12 reps)

Walking barbell lunges

C. ( 3 sets 8-12 reps)

Hyperextensions

D. ( 3 max sets)

Decline sit-ups

Dynamic lower day:

A. ( 5-8 sets 1-3 jumps)

Box jumps

B. ( 2-3 sets 8-12 reps)

Bulgarian split squats with dumbbells

C. ( 3 sets 8-12 reps)

45 degree hyperextensions

D. ( 4 sets 10-15 reps)

Hanging leg raises

Repetition upper day:

A. ( 3 max sets)

Pressups

B. ( pulling and rear delt superset 3-4 sets 8-12 reps)

Lat pull downs
Rear delt flyes

C. ( 4 sets 8-12 reps)

Dumbbell lateral raises

D. ( traps and arms superset 3 sets)

Dumbbell shrugs
Hammer curls

E. (grip and forearm strength 3 max sets)

Grippers

Conditioning I:
3 mile run

Conditioning II:
1 mile best effort

Conditioning III:
Hill sprints/Flat sprints

Day 1 : Lower max day

A. defecit deadlifts ( 3 inch box) work to 3-5 rep max

5x70kg
5x80kg
5x90kg
3x100kg
3x102.5kg
1x105kg

B. Walking barbell lunges 3 sets 6-12 reps

12-16 x bar
12-16 x 30kg
12-16 x 30kg

I was panting heavily and sweating all over feeling sick during each set so I couldn’t keep focus and remember how many reps. Agonising but felt like it was doing some good.

C. Hyper extensions 3 sets 6-12 reps

15 x bw
12 x bw
12 x bw

I got what they call the “pump” in the lower back and It was crippling. Like the area was being inflated an an intense burning. My entire lower back was throbbing in and out and was rock solid. Felt insane and hard to explain but I could definitely feel my lower back worked and not in a hurt way but in an agonising the muscles are full of blood way.

D. Decline situps 3 max sets

10 X bw
6 X bw
4 x bw

My abdominals are weak. I went from 126 pounds to 207 pounds while being inactive so they are having to carry a lot of extra weight.

Overall exhausted but glad I got the first workout out of the way.

5km run/walk took me 48 minutes!

I used to knock out sub 21 minute 5kms and 38 minute 10km was my best ever 10k

A long road back.

Now settling into bed.

My dad died last week and we have now planned a tough mudder in his honour that takes place in september. Me and my brother have lots of motivation to get fit.

Day 3 : Max upper day

Work up to max 3-5 rep max
Bench press
5x20kg
10x40kg
10x50kg
5x55kg
5x60kg
3x65kg

Nuetural grip db bench press

2 x max sets (15-20 reps)
9x20kg went too heavy
7x16kg was so fatigued by this point needed to start way later

DB row and rear delt flye superset
3-4 sets 8-12 reps

I didn’t really feel the rows in my back, might have to switch to chest supported which is an option in the program

12@18kg - 12@6kg
12@18kg - 10@6kg
7@36kg - 10@6kg
10@20kg - 8@6kg

DB shrugs
3-4 sets 8-15 reps

12x22kg
12x22kg
10x22kg
can’t remember if i did a fourth set left it blank might of deleted it

Hammer curls
3-4 sets 8-15 reps

8x10kg
8x10kg
7x10kg
12x8kg

Wrists were already exhausted as well as grips. I can usually curl 16kg for 6-8 reps with relative ease.

Hey man. I don’t often check into logs (gets confusing enough trying to follow regular threads), but it looks like you’re getting the work done, which is the most important part.

Looks like you’re follow the plan so far. Stuff like figuring out the weights needed to stay in the given rep ranges is something you’ll tweak as you go, no prob. You’re basically getting the momentum going, which is solid, like the fact that you did get your cardio done while sore. Just make sure your nutrition is on point too. When you’re trying to drop fat, that’s obviously a make-or-break aspect.

Also, very sorry to hear about your dad. All the best to you and your family. Sounds really nice that you guys are putting on a tribute run. Take care.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Hey man. I don’t often check into logs (gets confusing enough trying to follow regular threads), but it looks like you’re getting the work done, which is the most important part.

Looks like you’re follow the plan so far. Stuff like figuring out the weights needed to stay in the given rep ranges is something you’ll tweak as you go, no prob. You’re basically getting the momentum going, which is solid, like the fact that you did get your cardio done while sore. Just make sure your nutrition is on point too. When you’re trying to drop fat, that’s obviously a make-or-break aspect.

Also, very sorry to hear about your dad. All the best to you and your family. Sounds really nice that you guys are putting on a tribute run. Take care.[/quote]

Thanks dude. You are the best!

Just got back from my second 5km.

I am exhausted and just feel like death. I haven’t been sleeping much an my diet has been awful due to a shitty few weeks and the chaos that comes with it.

Anyone it might seem like nothing but my 5km tonight took me 43:40.

4:20 knocked off the time which is progress at the end of the day.

I am thinking about going paleo because my gut has been awful recently and I am starting to think i may have issues with gluten. I had like 2 german beers and the wheat seemed to mess my stomach up for days.

I only have around 50 pounds a month for food though so it might just have to be coffee in the mornings and two meals of 200g of steak a day and mountains off fresh green vegetables.

Ido portal has also become somewhat of an inspiration to me and just seeing how he eats and trains is making me take a proper interest in nutrition.

Overall good day!

[quote]WS4FB wrote:
I am thinking about going paleo because my gut has been awful recently and I am starting to think i may have issues with gluten. I had like 2 german beers and the wheat seemed to mess my stomach up for days.
Overall good day![/quote]

Some german beers have a lot of yeast in suspension still (compared to your typically highly filtered beers) - that could be your issue possibly too. I know as a brewer it has affected me in the past somewhat. Yeast and sugar = more gut action (at least according to my naturopath at the time)…

[quote]raven78 wrote:

[quote]WS4FB wrote:
Overall good day![/quote]

Some german beers have a lot of yeast in suspension still (compared to your typically highly filtered beers) - that could be your issue possibly too. I know as a brewer it has affected me in the past somewhat. Yeast and sugar = more gut action (at least according to my naturopath at the time)…
[/quote]

Interesting. It was the Weihenstephan krisstal wiessbeir. My all time favourite beer but it hits the gut hard.

I did paleo before and felt fantastic but it was so expensive that i couldn’t do it for 50 pounds a month.

I might just have to deal with the gluten issues.

WORST TRAINING DAY EVER1

I fell over doing box jumps smashed into a metal weight holder that fell on me and ruined the bottom of my hand, which is in agony. Half my big toe nail is hanging by a thread and i have multiple cuts down my knee.

To top it off the insanely hot and sweet girl at the gym in leggings came over and helped me out of pity.

Okay so I did a 9 tier box jump which is around or below waist height, 8 sets 3 jumps per set so

Box jumps

3xbw
3xbw
3xbw
3xbw
3xbw
3xbw
3xbw
3xbw

bulgarian split squats front foot elevated

HOLY SHIT. I could not even use weight with these. So hard. My legs were shaking uncontrollably.

I am so fucking fat and weak it makes me sick!

per leg:
6xbw
6xbw
8xbw

Last set I moved the front box and the bench closer felt more stable which i think helped.

Hypers

12xbw
12xbw
12xbw

For some reason miles easier than the first session nowhere near as bad as the pump last time. Still pretty sore though.

Decline situps 3 max sets

7xbw
4xbw
4xbw

Overall shitty humbling and embarrassing training session. Glad I didn’t just fuck off when my toe was pouring with blood. Gonna smash those split squats next time!

My right quad near up the thigh is hurting i am worried i might start getting injured going to ice it.

OK so last 2 days have been non training days meaning I missed my last 5km and my upper repetition day.

The family had arranged a pissup at the local hells angels clubhouse and I was awful today hungover and it was the day before my girlfriends birthday and I won’t get to see her tomorrow so it was her day.

My dads funeral is on friday so i might end up missing some training then too.

My leg has been really hurting though so the rest was kinda nice. Although acting like i planned to skip the workouts would be a lie. Life just getting in the way. Back to training tomorrow.