T Nation

Western Union Requiring Further Info

I used westernunion.com to send a money transfer to China. Unfortunately the transfer was blocked and I got a message to call WU because they need further information. Anyone have a similar problem? What information do they want? Will I have the same problem if I go to an agent location?

I had the same thing happen to me. The guy said that going to a WU kiosk would probably work. I never tried it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Happened to me, and all I had to do was call and confirm my approval of the transaction. Usually it's just an extra security measure.

Thanks for the input guys.

I always use a kiosk inside my local grocery store. Pay cash,anything under $1000 does'nt require any info,no worries!

I called WU and completed my money order. The guy I spoke to asked me about my previous addresses and the names and birth dates of my parents. It was a pain in the ass and I think he could sense I was nervous. I didn't like the fact that he was questioning me about my parents and I asked him why he was. He said it was just to verify that I am the owner of the credit card. He also asked whether I knew the person to whom I was sending the WU. The convienience of paying online was not worth the interogation, in my opinion. I've used the traditional way before and it was hastle free.