T Nation

We're Going Back to the Moon!!

Ok, I am a geek, but I am totally excited about this.

I can’t wait to see videos and photos from it. I think the first time around will always be the coolest though. Nothing like Americans going into space and traveling to the moon with equipment and technology that “should” work.

It’s about damn time already!!

Read the editors note, thank Obama…

[quote]nsimmons wrote:
Read the editors note, thank Obama…[/quote]

Fuck fuckity fuck fuck. I should have figured…

This was cancelled a while ago, 2 years maybe. I was honestly depressed when I heard it. Can’t afford it apparently, as if the money is put in rocket and blasted into space.

Nice! Congrats. That’ll be awesome to get.

Of course Obama cancelled it. You should all by now realize that he is resolutely set against American exceptionalism. Our manned space program was the ultimate example of that exceptionalism.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Of course Obama cancelled it. You should all by now realize that he is resolutely set against American exceptionalism. Our manned space program was the ultimate example of that exceptionalism. [/quote]

Fuck, I didn’t see the age of the article. I should have known better.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Of course Obama cancelled it. You should all by now realize that he is resolutely set against American exceptionalism. Our manned space program was the ultimate example of that exceptionalism. [/quote]

After four more years of Obama and another deep recession (it’s on its way now) hard working Americans will be far more concerned about how to make ends meet than the space program. The space program grew from optimism and prosperity. Those things and so much more are things of the past.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

After four more years of Obama and another deep recession (it’s on its way now) hard working Americans will be far more concerned about how to make ends meet than the space program. The space program grew from optimism and prosperity. Those things and so much more are things of the past. [/quote]

The space program returned something like 8 dollars for every dollar spent. If Americans don’t find it being cancelled concerning… well…

here’s some real news

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

After four more years of Obama and another deep recession (it’s on its way now) hard working Americans will be far more concerned about how to make ends meet than the space program. The space program grew from optimism and prosperity. Those things and so much more are things of the past. [/quote]

The space program returned something like 8 dollars for every dollar spent. If Americans don’t find it being cancelled concerning… well…[/quote]

Exactly. The return the space program has on the economy is not well known. The more ambitious the project, the more the return.