Went to the Doctor for My Tendonitis

He told me it was tendinitis, just like I figured beforehand. He told me NO lowerbody for about a month and see what happens while also prescribing some pills from the pharmacy. My coach may have a certificate that says he knows a little something, but you would think that he would have knew more about it than me. Or maybe he wasn’t paying attention in class.

Doesn’t take rocket science to tell that if something aggrivates an injury (tendons) it shouldn’t be done again until fully recovered. But anyway, for anyone who has or might in the future have tendinitis, I’ll let you know how everything goes. I just hope these pills get rid of it.

I have tendonitis in my right knee. It’s not bad enough to stop training and when I wear Tommy Kono knee wraps it doesn’t bother me at all while lifting.

I think mine may be a bit worse than usual. If I sit for more than 15 minutes with my knees bent the pain gets more intense by the minute. Plus my knees dont hurt during a workout its just after the workout is when I can feel them being aggrivated a lot.

Eccentrics are what you want to be doing.

http://ajs.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/26/3/360

In the full text, they basically have the subjects doing eccentric calf raises every day, 2x15. Two-legs concentric, one-leg eccentric.

You can do the same for an isolation exercise for wherever your tendonitis is.

Beats the hell out of the “take these NSAIDs and keep off it” treatment.

As an aside, why does spell-check want to change “tendonitis” to “tendinitis”? That’s retarded. “-itis” means swelling. Tendon + “itis” means swelling of the tendon. Tendonitis!

There is no such thing as a “tendin”, therefore there is no such thing as “tendinitis”.

Getting off my soap box…

– ElbowStrike

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:

As an aside, why does spell-check want to change “tendonitis” to “tendinitis”? That’s retarded. “-itis” means swelling. Tendon + “itis” means swelling of the tendon. Tendonitis!

There is no such thing as a “tendin”, therefore there is no such thing as “tendinitis”.

Getting off my soap box…

– ElbowStrike[/quote]

i always wonder what happened to the “o”.

I have the same tendonitis in my right knee but theres no pain but a weird feeling of partial instability/acheing type feeling, it doesnt bother but it just feels strange. I took 3 weeks off and then started running again and it feels better than before but still not right, my doc said to try and strengthen the quad and ice the knee and take anti inflammitarys and that should work it out.

Its really bugging me cos im trying to join hte forces and this is a bad time for this to occur cos im losing fitness if i stop running which i already have done so im gonna try and do it the strenghtening way…

There is no such thing as a “tendin”
[/quote]

It’s a chinese dish…next time you go to a chinese restaurant ask them for the ‘chinese’ menu…I kid you not…it’s not very good…but…maybe you’ll like it…at least you’ve learned a new word…albeit in chinese.

In the full text, they basically have the subjects doing eccentric calf raises every day, 2x15. Two-legs concentric, one-leg eccentric.

Getting off my soap box…

– ElbowStrike[/quote]

So what would be good for my knees and how should I do it?

[quote]sen say wrote:
ElbowStrike wrote:

There is no such thing as a “tendin”

It’s a chinese dish…next time you go to a chinese restaurant ask them for the ‘chinese’ menu…I kid you not…it’s not very good…but…maybe you’ll like it…at least you’ve learned a new word…albeit in chinese.[/quote]

tendinitis
inflammation of tendons and of tendon-muscle attachments. It is one of the commonest causes of lameness. Tendinitis may be associated with a calcium deposit (calcific tendinitis), which may also involve the bursa around the tendon or near the joint, causing bursitis.

[quote]sed26 wrote:
ElbowStrike wrote:

Getting off my soap box…

– ElbowStrike

So what would be good for my knees and how should I do it?
[/quote]

There was an article on this site on the study;
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459823

Leg press is recommended in the T-Nation article, 3 sets of 15, positive use both legs, negative only your injured leg.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
tendinitis
inflammation of tendons and of tendon-muscle attachments. It is one of the commonest causes of lameness. Tendinitis may be associated with a calcium deposit (calcific tendinitis), which may also involve the bursa around the tendon or near the joint, causing bursitis.

[/quote]

I don’t dispute that the condition exists.

I contend that the commonly-accepted spelling (“tendinitis”) is retarded.

Fish oil :))
What is tendonitis ???
INFLAMMATION
What does Flameout do----kills inflammation !
That and eccentrics should have you back in a month if not less.

Ice after you squat and use knee sleeves to keep them warm. Anti-inflammatory and fish oil.

Zap Branigan wrote:
tendinitis

I don’t dispute that the condition exists.

I contend that the commonly-accepted spelling (“tendinitis”) is retarded.[/quote]

I think that site also lists tendin as an acceptable spelling. I blame the British, with their water closets and fancy lorries. always sticking things in their boot, they are.

Tendonitis will heal itself in two weeks tendonosis is a much worse condition. Be careful and take it slow.

[quote]sed26 wrote:
He told me it was tendinitis, just like I figured beforehand. He told me NO lowerbody for about a month and see what happens while also prescribing some pills from the pharmacy. My coach may have a certificate that says he knows a little something, but you would think that he would have knew more about it than me. Or maybe he wasn’t paying attention in class.

Doesn’t take rocket science to tell that if something aggrivates an injury (tendons) it shouldn’t be done again until fully recovered. But anyway, for anyone who has or might in the future have tendinitis, I’ll let you know how everything goes. I just hope these pills get rid of it.[/quote]

Quickly buy some oxandrolone.

It has over a hundred studies proving its efficancy treating people with a need for fast healing of tendons.