Went Off TRT for 3 Months, Starting Again

So let’s say clomifene it’s impossible due to those nasty ocular side effects…the major issue is my pituitary microadenoma, however I don’t have a clue why HCG would be contraindicated for those who have adenomas, since it the leaflet package does not display any vision side effects.

Aside from SERMS (I’ve tried tamoxifen, same BS) what could I do? Man, I used to have 800, 900ng/dL and DHT sky high in my teens…now I’m 35yo and my last reading was 362ng/dL, I mean…and the doctor said it was normal, despite my symptoms. “Normal” my ass. Why should you do, in my place? these doctors seem to be idiots, so I don’t know if I could run HCG alone (here in Brazil it does not need prescription) or be on
TRT, rubbing gels or something.

When I took clomid, my T (free T, DHT, all improved) was 1100ng/dL…now take another look above: is 362ng/dL with all hypo symptoms a good life for anyone else? sorry my anger, but I’m off clomid since last month and now my vision seems to getting better.

I am unsure of what you can do because I live in the USA.

A good doctor goes by symptoms and numbers, not just numbers.

Yep, that’s what I said to her. Ironically, when I was on Clomid and my T levels went that high, ALL my symptoms went away and she had the arrogance to say it was a placebo effect. LOL. Well, thanks for answering…any form of helping is welcome.

1 Like

HCG —> Test —> IGF-1 —> cell growth, that’s why. SERMs would result in the same thing, likely the same statement is on the testosterone package inserts, along with HGH, GHrP, etc. Anything growth-promoting is going to be technically contraindicated if you have a tumor already.

Wait, so you’re saying even with testosterone (I may got this totally wrong, I think you’re saying testosterone made by HCG stimuli could be dangerous) I’d get those vision changes because of the pituitary tumor? I’ve been taking cabergoline now and then (dostinex) and apparently it’s the only way to shrink those adenomas, even the non functionals, aside from surgery which you be creepy, since it was a microadenoma.

Man, I’m getting desperate. I’m not depressed, but low T drive one crazy. Just can’t live with all those symptoms of low T forever obviously. The thing that surprises me it’s many people have a microadenoma and they don’t even know about it without doing a MRI.

The doctors (the most of them) give a F to the patients (how is that for a irony?) but you seem to be a guy that can give me some direction of what to do. So HCG injections is out of question? I’ve tried before clomid and never felt anything wrong, but…I’ve only tried 3, 4 times. Clomid I took for like 3 years.

Well, something must be done…In my teens I had pretty good T levels, now I’ve to live like shit? Pardon my language, this thing is driving me nuts. I’m not demanding you a solution, just want to learn with one who knows better than me.

Each androgel pump has 1% testosterone, right? I heard it got a very bad rep because of the low T concentration and the absorption. well, can a guy sustain, let’s say, 900, 1000ng/dL all day long with testosterone gels or it would decline at night time? imagine going from 1000 to 200, the dude would feel like trash.

Man, I’m prone of following whatever helps me out of this situation…except listening to those 2 doctors that kept telling me 300ng/dL it’s okay for a young man who had a level MUCH greater than this in the past.

Also, my leg hair since 2016 it’s falling out…I don’t use any tight clothes, so WTF? it’s called anteroalopecia or something. Is there anyone here who’ve experencied it?

I used Androgel or Testim for ten years and regularly tested at 500 too 800-plus. I felt fine. But I’m also someone who doesn’t do transhumanist/Cyborg TRT.

300 is not an alright value.

It should be 100 every week.

No, I’m saying it promotes growth, and if you have a tumor in your brain, growth is probably not what you’re looking for.

Caber is the right treatment call, take it regularly not “now and then”, and possibly start TRT at the same time if the Caber alone doesn’t help. There’s been at least one case study I read where a guy used Caber to lower is PRL but still needed TRT to get his libido and life back.

Neither do I, lol. Just want to get back to my good ol’ levels, ain’t looking for supraphysiological T levels (2000, 3000ng/dL). I’m not scared of those “cruise protocols” either, but most of the doctors are morons.

Regarding the HPTA, even T gels with bring my LH levels down? and for my surprise if I want to get my T levels back again, I’d have to touch clomid one more time? that thing is like a barb wire for me, I can’t touch it anymore.

Dude, I wish there was a medication like SERMS that would not shut me down and not be deleterious to my eyesight…clomiphene was doing just fine, until that shit fucked me up, with a lot of vision changes that are getting better since I’ve throw it away into the garbage.