Wendler Appreciation

Morning Jim,

I don’t usually write to my idols but I belive you have had such an impact on my life you deserve a few minutes of arse kissing from me.

I’ve followed your advice since I started lifting at 16 (now 22) and so far you have gotten a naturally skinny kid with no athletic potential from 155lbs to 200lbs with a 250lb bench, 440lb deadlift and 375lb Squat. You even inspired me to compete in my first meet last year which was a great experience.

Admittedly my head occasionally gets fucked up with all the bullshit out there and I get tempted by the latest and greatest (which coincidently is when my set backs happen) but I always return to 531 and I always feel at my best both mentally and physically.

I’ve read all your books, articles and watched your videos so I won’t add to your list of mundane questions you get asked everyday, I just wanted to show my appreciation for what you do and make sure it keeps coming, I’m looking forward to you new book.

I have just finished your beach body challenge and will be starting your 531 for high school athletes + viking day soon and am looking forward to getting out the gym and trying some new stuff.

Keep inspiring!

Cheers,
Wes

Wes,

Thanks for the post. This is great to hear and I hope YOU have changed and become a stronger person. Keep on the path.