Welsh Nationalism

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:

[quote]Der_Steppenwolfe wrote:
Yes it does. It’s called ‘democracy’.[/quote]

well, its a constitutional monarchy, which is close, but if the majority of residents in Wales want to make such laws, then fair enough [/quote]

No, it’s a parliamentary democracy not a constitutional democracy. The constitution in the UK is used to refer to all of their legal and governing documents. There is no single constitution.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
they pander to the muslims. Who are now are now a larger ethnic group in Britain than the Welsh.
[/quote]
I didn’t know being Muslim was an ethnic designation.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:
they pander to the muslims. Who are now are now a larger ethnic group in Britain than the Welsh.
[/quote]
I didn’t know being Muslim was an ethnic designation. [/quote]

It isn’t, any more than “Catholic” or “Buddhist” are ethnic designators. And in fact there are more Welsh people (according to the last census in 2011) in Britain than Muslims of all ethnicities (3 million Welsh as opposed to 2.7 million Muslims). I don’t know how many ethnically Welsh people have converted to Islam, but that would skew the numbers a bit as well.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
How the hell do you guys find this stuff out? I don’t even know what my great grand father’s name is…[/quote]

My grandfather had a genealogist trace the family’s history back to the 16th century. A descendent of the brother that came over on the Mayflower fought for the British during the revolution, was a POW, and then was expatriated after the war to a colony in Canada. One of my grandfather’s ancestors fought in the Civil War, again for the losing side, unfortunately, but his brother, my great-great grandfather, was an Indian fighter who eventually married a Cherokee woman and settled in the Oklahoma territory.

Fascinating stuff. You ought to look into your own family’s history. Surprising what skeletons you may unearth. [/quote]

Trivia: there were “Confederate” and “Union” Indians who fought each other during the Civil War in the Indian Territories (Oklahoma).

They were absolutely brutal to each other as was the custom.[/quote]

You ever read this book, Push? I think you’d like it.

Damn picture didn’t upload. THIS book.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:
[/quote]

Just in case I may have misused the term I consulted a higher authority. As I thought at the time, I have accurately used the term to convey the meaning I wanted to convey.

Ethnic group - Wikipedia

"Ethnicity or ethnic group is a socially defined category of people who identify with each other based on a perceived shared social experience or ancestry.[1] Membership of an ethnic group tends to be associated with and ideologies of shared cultural heritage, ancestry, history, homeland, language or dialect, and with symbolic systems such as religion, mythology and ritual, cuisine, dressing style, physical appearance, etc.

Ethnicity is an important means by which people may identify with a larger group."

For muslims the larger group with which they all identify is the ummah.

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:
[/quote]

Just in case I may have misused the term I consulted a higher authority. As I thought at the time, I have accurately used the term to convey the meaning I wanted to convey.

Ethnic group - Wikipedia

"Ethnicity or ethnic group is a socially defined category of people who identify with each other based on a perceived shared social experience or ancestry.[1] Membership of an ethnic group tends to be associated with and ideologies of shared cultural heritage, ancestry, history, homeland, language or dialect, and with symbolic systems such as religion, mythology and ritual, cuisine, dressing style, physical appearance, etc.

Ethnicity is an important means by which people may identify with a larger group."

For muslims the larger group with which they all identify is the ummah. [/quote]

So wiki is a “higher authority”? I am just razing you.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:
[/quote]

It isn’t, any more than “Catholic” or “Buddhist” are ethnic designators. And in fact there are more Welsh people (according to the last census in 2011) in Britain than Muslims of all ethnicities (3 million Welsh as opposed to 2.7 million Muslims). I don’t know how many ethnically Welsh people have converted to Islam, but that would skew the numbers a bit as well. [/quote]

You really ought to consult with a dictionary or watch educational videos before questioning my posts. I have used the term quite accurately. Catholics are another clearly different ethnic group. “The miracle of birth in the third world” demonstrates this in clear detail. Pay special attention to the defining moment beginning at 7:12.

The census figures are a joke! Border controls were suspended during the Labour government. They haven’t kept count in years! All the official figures are is a best guess. And the best guess in favour of the establishment is not letting the people know just how much their country is being overrun. Nobody has any real idea of just how many undocumented and illegal immigrants are in Britain but the general consensus is it’s much higher than what the government is admitting to.

So 2.7 million to 3.0 million is a joke. 2.7 million is where the count begins then it goes up from there.

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:
[/quote]

It isn’t, any more than “Catholic” or “Buddhist” are ethnic designators. And in fact there are more Welsh people (according to the last census in 2011) in Britain than Muslims of all ethnicities (3 million Welsh as opposed to 2.7 million Muslims). I don’t know how many ethnically Welsh people have converted to Islam, but that would skew the numbers a bit as well. [/quote]

You really ought to consult with a dictionary or watch educational videos before questioning my posts. I have used the term quite accurately. Catholics are another clearly different ethnic group. “The miracle of birth in the third world” demonstrates this in clear detail. Pay special attention to the defining moment beginning at 7:12.

The census figures are a joke! Border controls were suspended during the Labour government. They haven’t kept count in years! All the official figures are is a best guess. And the best guess in favour of the establishment is not letting the people know just how much their country is being overrun. Nobody has any real idea of just how many undocumented and illegal immigrants are in Britain but the general consensus is it’s much higher than what the government is admitting to.

So 2.7 million to 3.0 million is a joke. 2.7 million is where the count begins then it goes up from there. [/quote]

The last time I “consulted with a dictionary” it was a very one-sided conversation. The dictionary didn’t say a damned thing.

If you want to use the word “ethnicity” to apply to a religion, have at it.

The British actually recognize 13 ethnic categories officially: White British, White Other, Indian, Pakistani, White Irish, Mixed, Black Caribbean, Black African, Chinese, Non-Chinese Asian, Bangladeshi, Black Other, and Other.

There are probably Muslims from all of these ethnic groups, just as there are probably Catholics, Protestants, Church of Englanders, Mormons, Hindus, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, Rastafarians, and Pastafarians. But by far the largest official ethnic group is White British, which at 85% of the population dwarfs any other designator by several orders of magnitude.

In any event, under 50,000 Muslims in Wales, and nearly 3 million Welshmen. I don’t think the Welsh are quaking in their Wellingtons over the prospect of jihad in Cardiff anytime soon.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:
[/quote]

So 2.7 million to 3.0 million is a joke. 2.7 million is where the count begins then it goes up from there. [/quote]

The last time I “consulted with a dictionary” it was a very one-sided conversation. The dictionary didn’t say a damned thing.

If you want to use the word “ethnicity” to apply to a religion, have at it.

The British actually recognize 13 ethnic categories officially: White British, White Other, Indian, Pakistani, White Irish, Mixed, Black Caribbean, Black African, Chinese, Non-Chinese Asian, Bangladeshi, Black Other, and Other.

There are probably Muslims from all of these ethnic groups, just as there are probably Catholics, Protestants, Church of Englanders, Mormons, Hindus, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, Rastafarians, and Pastafarians. But by far the largest official ethnic group is White British, which at 85% of the population dwarfs any other designator by several orders of magnitude.

In any event, under 50,000 Muslims in Wales, and nearly 3 million Welshmen. I don’t think the Welsh are quaking in their Wellingtons over the prospect of jihad in Cardiff anytime soon. [/quote]

I don’t know where you are getting your figures from but they don’t even match up with the Office of National Statistics census figures. The white British figure was at %87 back in 2001 when mass immigration was just beginning. The latest, 2011 census figures, estimate white British at %80.5. That is a %6.5 loss in just one decade.

Another thing is that percentage is just a raw figure that combines all age groups, from the newborn to the world war two generation who are now dying off in droves into one figure. When the demographics are broken down by age group a very different picture appears from the one you are trying to play off as fact. In another ten years there will be very few of the world war two generation left.

Newborns on the other hand are a very different matter. The muslims are shitting out children just as fast as they can. That’s why the number one name for newborn boys in Britain is muhammad and islam is the number two religion after Christianity.

Less than %45 percent of London and less than %80 of Cardiff are white British. That is why the English who can afford to are buying homes in Wales. It’s the least invaded, inhabitable part of the country. But that will be changing if Plaid Cymru has it’s way.

Edit: Here’s up to date census figures.

Census 2011: UK immigrant population jumps by THREE MILLION in 10 years | Daily Mail Online