Wellbutrin and TRT

I asked for it specifically for the positive things I have heard about it. My doctor was okay prescribing it to me.

Do you have libido and ED issues

Or depression of course

No, I donā€™t have any negative side effects from it. Still too early for me to rate it though.

Sorry I meant Why are you taking it

I started on 150mg for 2-4 weeks and then went to 300mg (the effective dose for depression related symptoms). It took about 6-8 weeks on 300mg before I started feeling the good and then another month or so until I felt the best I ever had until then. Libido took a while to improve on it (like can be the case with TRT) so give it time.

For me, Wellbutrin just kind of stopped working about 1.5-2 years after I started feeling good in it. I upped to 450mg but still nothing. Then went back to 300mg and eventually came off after being on TRT for some time. The great thing about Wellbutrin vs SSRIā€™s is the fact I had basically zero withdrawal symptoms after a short taper.

1 Like

Be careful and be wary of your mind on wellbutrin.

Unfortunately for me it made me have suicidal thoughts.

I already had them

K think now day 5 I actually feel a bit better mentally and energy wise

Could be placebo

Just hate taking anything.

Iā€™ve seen it stated on multiple forums that those that Wellbutrin works for will initially have a few days or so of feeling really good in the first few weeks and then it stops until like week 6-8 and then you feel good from then on. Itā€™s bro science but I noticed it and many that report the drug worked for them had that better feeling for a short period of time in the beginning. Obviously donā€™t get discouraged if you donā€™t get that before week 8 because it doesnā€™t necessarily mean anything.

2 Likes