Well I Finally Did It

Last night I finally got past my mind F*** that has held me back on bench. As some of you know I could do 325lb ass to grass squats despite breaking my back just under a year ago, but I couldn’t bench 225 to save my life.

It was nothing other than a mental block and finally I thought to myself screw it. If I can rep out 205 for 5 reps I can get up 225. So I did it last night, then went up to 230, got it, went up to 235, got it, and finally got 245 before calling it a night on bench.

Oh last night I was also able to get 375 on my deadlift for 3reps. It was ugly, but I got it up and held it on each.

Clearly the only thing holding me back was my own mind. Def. feeling pretty good now, and hopefully the gains will keep coming quickly and I can get my bench up to a respectable number soon!

congratulations on the new PR’s. that’s a good reminder for everyone about training.

[quote]kakugo wrote:
congratulations on the new PR’s. that’s a good reminder for everyone about training.[/quote]

Hey thanks! I think its good to realize that sometimes you just need a new mindset to get you through that wall. I know some of the authors of the site have written about this lately and it really rang true with me.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Hey thanks! I think its good to realize that sometimes you just need a new mindset to get you through that wall. I know some of the authors of the site have written about this lately and it really rang true with me.[/quote]

Great PRs Crew! It’s great to see what you can do when you get past uncertainty.

Keep it up!

-folly

Great work sometimes those mental barriers are the hardest.