Well, I Did it Again.......

Ok gang, I’m sure as with most of us at the 35+ years on this planet, we have had a few injuries! I am no exception. As a matter of fact, I know that I can jack myself up in a New York minute by taking unnecessary risks (Just by my choices of sports, normaly includes wheels and peddal power on rough terrain)

Anyway, I’m going back into the gym for shoulder work (Which is my weakest point)and getting into the groove again after three weeks off from “tweaking” my left shoulder. I could any help in strengthening it as best as possible so I don’t go through this over and over again.

A little history and background. I broke the left collar bone three times, popped the shoulder blade outta place once and most recent, separated the AC joint a couple of years ago. Yep, I favor landing on the left side of my body, probably to preserve my dominate side which is the right. The ER doctor wanted surgery, but there is no way I am going to volunteer for that just yet.

Any suggested exercises that will help strengthen it and keep me from down time is much appreciated!

Thanks as always in advance,

Cheers,

-Timmy

I am currently recovering from a torn rotator cuff and labrum. Every one of the rehab exercises I’ve done during physical therapy I’ve seen in articles on TMuscle. A good start would be to do a search for an article titled “Shoulder Saver.” I believe it was written by Eric Cressey. I am sure there are several more, just do a quick search and you’ll find them. Good luck.

By the way, the surgery was A LOT worse than I anticipated. If you can avoid it I would. You may want to see an orthopedic doctor just to be sure though. I kept ignoring my pain and tried to push through it. I only made it worse. Good luck again.

Thank you very much, I will give the article a gander. As with most advice written there is a lot of good stuff to sift through.

Thanks again, Cheers,

-Tim

most of us at the old folks home do YTWLI, which is a shoulder prehab complex. I think it originated with Alwyn Cosgrove, but if you search on www.elitefts.com for ytwli you will find videos. I was unable to bench for years before I started doing it. check it out.