Welcome to Anything and Everything

thanks for the compliments guys! So far so good, I am not crazy hungry, and my energy is ok. I notice
I kind of go through spurts where I am good, and then not so much. All in all I can’t complain about today. I think I am going to finish off my evening with a salad, as I am supposed to have some green veggies.

Canada K,

I train a variety of athletes depending on what season we are in. As of right now I’m working with about 90% baseball plaayers.

OK, day 2 of the detox and I’m feeling alright. I was feeling mentally foggy today, and my first morning client told me I didn’t seem myself today. So I was a little off for the first hour or 2 this morning. After working out, I feel more alert and more ready to go through the rest of my day. Workout went as follows

A1) Walking lunge 3x15 meters
A2) Blast strap push-up 3x20 reps
A3) Seated leg curl 3x15
A4) Low Pulley row 3x15

Eliptical 15 mins

My energy is fine, but my strength is suffering, as is to be expected with this sort of thing. This workout didn’t look like much, but in my current condition it’s a challenge. Whatever, it needs to be done. Oh, and I already see a noticeable change in my body already. After day 1 I am down about 8 lbs.

[quote]driven888 wrote:
Oh, and I already see a noticeable change in my body already. After day 1 I am down about 8 lbs. [/quote]

And herein lies the difference between you and me. This would take me weeks. But it has to be super motivating for you. Maybe your body just needs to adjust to your new diet and then your strength will return. You can’t convince me that you won’t be better off eating good food. As long as you eat enough of it.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]driven888 wrote:
Oh, and I already see a noticeable change in my body already. After day 1 I am down about 8 lbs. [/quote]

And herein lies the difference between you and me. This would take me weeks. But it has to be super motivating for you. Maybe your body just needs to adjust to your new diet and then your strength will return. You can’t convince me that you won’t be better off eating good food. As long as you eat enough of it.[/quote]

I agree completely, this is not an eating strategy I’m going to try and live on. I’m only taking in around 900 k/cals per day right now. I am staying away from solid foods almost comletely (except for green veggies) and am consuming mostly medical foods and BCAA’s. After a couple of days I will return to solid food. I am actually considering trying the MAG-10 pulse fast after this just to see how it goes. Thanks for your encouragement, it means a lot.

Day 3

I’m hurting today. Mentally slow, and physically drained. My stomach feels bloated, and I am constantly using the rest room. (Mostly urinating.) I am going to try adding some fiber to my shakes and see if that helps. My workout went as follows.

high rep cable workout. Just some functional BS type work. Followed by Interval cardio and then 10 minutes of steady state cardio.

Feeling more alert, after the workout, but still not myself.

Ok, Today is a good day so far. I switched to a whey based shake and am feeling much better. I also took a few things to things to help with experation of stored toxins. (I’ll spare everyone the details.) Just wanted to share a few things that I have noticed on this detox.

1. I normally have a kind of a dry scalp which can be mistaken for dandruff, that has since gone away. 2, I normally wake up and feel very stuffed up making it difficult to breath. That has gone away as well. So far so good, I am down approximately 18 lbs. My face looks less bloated and my joints feel better. It looks like choosing to detox was a good move, wish I had done this earlier.

Yeah, love the mental fog. Day 3-7 is when I usually get dietary PMS. You’re probably peeing away a ton of water.

Snap, you don’t have 8 lb to lose!

OK, todays main form of exercise was shoveling. This was a bit of a test although the snow was very wet and heavy, I normally just tear through it…Not today. Today took a little longer, and I felt quite drained while doing it. The good news however, is I weighed in at the end of the night, and I am down a grand total of 21 lbs. I feel better I’m more awake, and most of my joint pain has gone away.

You must be almost at the end of your detox. 21 pounds! What’s your plan for entering into the world of the eating again?

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
You must be almost at the end of your detox. 21 pounds! What’s your plan for entering into the world of the eating again?[/quote]

FOOD LOTS AND LOTS OF FOOD!!! Just kidding I am planning on going back to a low carb approach. I’ll start tomorrow, I think I am at the end of my rope with this whole detox thing. Funny, it is actually more convienient to do a detox this way, then to eat the way I was eating. Anyway, today was a really good day. I feel good, I did complexes for my workout and I could have kept going. 5 exercise 5 reps each and I stopped at 4 rounds, because I had to get cleaned up to go to a meeting. (which went very well.) Tomorrow I think I’m going to start my day with a little fasted cardio, then a weight training workout in the afternoon. Lets see where it goes, shall we?

today went as follows

710 took 3 grams of ALC 200 Mg, R-ALA and 3 digestive enzymes and drank a celsius

730 20 minutes fasted cardio

750 breakfast consisted of 2 turkey burgers 2 eggs and some almonds

230 Lifting workout

A1) Incline Barbell Press 4x5 225x5x3 245x5
A2) Lat Pulldown 4x6-8 230x6x4

B1) Flat DB press 3x6-6 80’sx8x3
B2) Cable Row 3x6-8

1/31/11

20 minutes of interval sprints. Felt good today, didn’t lift because I had a couple of meetings to get to. Will def train legs tomorrow.

2/1/11 Legs

A1) Squats 6x6 225x6x2 255x6x4
A2) Seated Leg curl 6x6 135

B1) Cable Split Squat 2x6-8
B2) Swiss Ball crunch 2x15

This is my first real leg workout since my detox and that 7am debockle. I felt really good, all joint pain is gone and my motion felt much smoother. Think this one is gonna go up pretty quickly.

[quote]driven888 wrote:
I felt really good, all joint pain is gone and my motion felt much smoother.[/quote]

Very interested in this. Do you think it was due to the detox or because you had a bit of a break from the heavy weights?

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:

[quote]driven888 wrote:
I felt really good, all joint pain is gone and my motion felt much smoother.[/quote]

Very interested in this. Do you think it was due to the detox or because you had a bit of a break from the heavy weights?

[/quote]

Well if you look at it i really only had a 5 day break from the heavy lifting. So that would lead me to believe the detoxifying had something to do with it. I believe I read on Poliquin’s website, that when you detox your liver you can reduce joint pain.

Hi, I didn’t die, but thanks to everyone for sending flower. haha jk. Anyway things have been crazy hectic, i have 6 minor league baseball players i’m getting ready to go back to spring training, and just had 2 more guys signed to independent ball. This goes along with my already crazy schedule that I have. On the good side, three of my pitchers have hit 86 or better indoors which is a great sign!

As far as I am concerned, I have been doing better. I am maintaining a healthier diet, as well as making time to exercise at least 4x per week. So things are good, weight is holding steady around 280-285. have not had long periods of time to train, so i have been focusing a bit more on higher reps and more volume. I inclined 225x20, so my rep strength is doing ok. All in all things are good, and i will definintely try to be more consistent with my posts.

Training is way more important than posting. Keep up the good work.

Wow, feels like i haven’t been here in a year. anyway progress to date is good weight is @ 290, and I am starting to see some stomach muscles again. (I do not have abs, but I can see some definition when i take my shirt off. )

Yesterday’s workout went like this

A1) High pulls 6x2-4
A2) Front Squat w chains 6x2-4

B1) Step-up 2-3x6-8
B2) Ab Wheel 2-3x8-10

3/11/11

A1 overhead thick bar press 4x2-4
A2 Medial trap flye 4x4-6

B1 Rope Tricep Ext 4x4-6
B2 Hammer curls 4x4-6

Good workout, weight is stable @ 290. Hope to drop under that by next week.

How do you do the ab wheel? Please don’t tell me it’s off your toes or worse still, standing!