T Nation

Welcome to Anything and Everything

I got throguh a long day of work, and then worked out afterward. Got a pretty good leg workout in despite being rather tired and fatigued.

12/30

A1) Deads 4x3 365x3x2 385x3x2
A2) 1 legged reverse hypers 4x6 all sets done with 40lbs

B1) Ab wheel 3x8
B2) Seated calf raise 3x12 90lbs

1/1/11

A) Thick Bar overhead Press 5x2 205x2x2 225x2x2 250x2

B1) Face Pull 3x6-8 15 platesx8x3
B2) Lateral Raise 3x6-8 35’sx8 No rest between sets

C1) CAble Tricep Extetnsion 3x6-8 stackx8x3
C2) Reverse curl 3x6-8 65x8 115x6 115x5

1/2/11

20 minutes if eliptical cardio. I hit 2 miles in 14:30, I will look to lower this number every time I do this.

1/3/11 AM

Prowler sprints 4 sets 40 meters 90 lbs on the sled, 90 seconds between each sprint.

The snow finally melted enough to get the prowler outside and do some sprints. The air is still very cold and heavy making it difficult to breath. (thus only doing 4 sprints.) So, after watching Kpsnap’s chin up video I’ve realized I am being very soft and not going about this the proper way. I have decided to set a couple of goals to help motivate my progress along the way.

Intermediate Goals - February

Body weight 270-275
OHP 275x1
Deadlift 405x3

Long Term Goals- before 2012

Body weight 240
possibly compete in a power lifting competition.

So that is it. I am going to try and step-up my conditioning and really begin to tighten up my diet. I definitely think 275 by feb is reasonable and doable on both counts. So we shall see how it goes. Thanks

I think 250 x 2 on overhead press is pretty impressive!

Good luck with those goals, definitely achievable.

I think it’s great how many people on here want to do a powerlifting meet this year. It will be so fun to follow along on everyone’s progress toward that goal.

So you’re looking to cut 30 lb.?

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I think it’s great how many people on here want to do a powerlifting meet this year. It will be so fun to follow along on everyone’s progress toward that goal.

So you’re looking to cut 30 lb.?[/quote]

It’s probably a little closer to 45 lbs.

1/4/11 Chest and Back

A1) Thick Bar Close Grip BP 4x5 255x5x2 275x5x2
A2) Parallel grip chins 4x4-6 got 4x4 all bw

B1) Incline db press 3x6-8 65’sx8 80’sx8 100’sx6
B2) Crossover Cable Row 3x6-8 45’sx8 60’sx8x2

1/8/11

A1) Oly Sqauts 4x3 274x3x4
A2) Reverse Hypers 4x6 w/20lbs

B1) Calf Raise 3x10 bw
B2) Cable Press 3x10 25 lbs.

Today was a rough one. Just starting to get over a pretty horrible cold, and i had to lift at 7 am. I am not a morning person. 275 felt much heavier then it had any right to, and my knee was bugging me all workout. Whatever, next workout will be better.

1/10/11

AM 20 minutes cardio…really slow, more for recovery purposes

12 pm

A) Thick Bar Shoulder press 5x2 205x2 225x2 225x2 255x2 275x2

B1) FAce Pull 3x8 12 plates
B2) DB Laterals 3x8 30’s

C1) Dips 3x6 45x6 90x6 BWx6
C2) Reverse Curl 3x6-8 75x8 95x6x2

Felt good today. 275 went up rather easily, thus the 2 reps, so that goal was attained. I feel however, that the bodyweight of 275 by next month is not going to happen. It seems whenever I begin to diet, my body gains weight for the first couple of weeks. i.e. this morning I weighted in @ 290, however I am visibly leaner then I have been in a while. Oh well, I guess we just have to take things as they come. Thanks for reading.

Blown away by your overhead press. Not too far away from 300!

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:
Blown away by your overhead press. Not too far away from 300![/quote]

Thank you. Yea, 300 may be the next goal.

That is a crazy amount of weight to be throwing around overhead.

What’s your plan for cutting weight?

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
That is a crazy amount of weight to be throwing around overhead.

What’s your plan for cutting weight?[/quote]

Thank you. My plan is pretty simple, just eat clean and throw in a bit more metabolic conditioning. I’m rather fat right now, so i don’t think I need to be to specific at this moment. Later on I’ll begin to get more precise in what i’m doing.

OK, its been a few days. These kids have me running all over the place like a mad man. Anyway, got in a quick energy systems workout today.

Another early AM workout

Close grip 5x3 275
Chins 5x2 BW

Incline flye 3x6
Low Row 3x6

External rotation 3x6

I really suck at these early workouts, but right now it is my only option.

[quote]driven888 wrote:
Another early AM workout
[/quote]

How early is early?

I really love my training but to be honest if I had to train first thing in the morning I probably wouldn’t bother.

7, I am really not a morning person, so this is very difficult for me.

I’m not a morning person either, but it has to be done. My natural sleep/wake cycle seems tobe around 1am/9am, but I’m stuck with 6am workouts or they don’t get done.

We suffer to be buffer.

Sorry for my absence, I needed to kind of stand back and survey a bit of what i had done. I hit 300 on the over head press, so that was good. However, my body composition has been moving @ a snails pace, so i decided to take a look back at how i got to this place. It’s pretty simple I reduced my activity level, and ate a lot of really crappy toxic food.

After the light bulb went off, and i realized what I had done, I decided to put a halt to it, and kick the car into reverse if you will. So I am currently going threw a 3-5 day detox. Today is day 1, and it started out really rough, I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night, and I’m currently working a 15 hour day so it’s no picnic right now, but I am going to get past this. My workout looked like this today.

A1) Deads 4x6
A2) LAt Pulls 4x8
A3) LEg Ext 4x15
A4) Inc DB press 4x15

B1) Tricep pushdown 2x20
B2) DB curls 2x20
B3) Lateral Raise 2x20
B4) Tripod Abs 2x20

The pump in my back and biceps is actually painful right now. I feel like the skin is going to explode, and my lower back feels like I just did a ton of good mornings. I feel much better after working out, so we will see where this thing leads us.

Doooooood! Some thoughts… worth about as much as a heap of feces, but I’m not much for keeping my thoughts to myself.

1. You got a great attitude. In your opening post you said “That is all going to change now”. It says a lot of good things.
  2. Ye gads, you throw around a lot of weight!
  3. After 3 crazy-restrictive diets, I can say from experience that the first week is the worst, and if you can tough out the first 7 days you’re probably good for the duration. Since you’re planning 5 days, you’re setting up for a straight run of hell and mental mind-games. Be strong! It’s harder than lifting!

I’m really interested to se how this goes for you, so don’t be a stranger. I’m curious, though, what of clients do have primarily?

Congrats on the 300 lb overhead press. That is truly impressive. Very few people can claim that. Give yourself a big pat on the back.