Welcome Back Carter

Cairo protesters scale U.S. Embassy wall

Egyptian demonstrators climbed the walls of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo today and pulled down the American flag to protest a film they say is insulting to the prophet Mohammad. Update at 2:07 p.m. ET: CNN reports that U.S. security guards fired a volley of warning shots as the crowd gathered outside the embassy walls.

High Gas Price!
People leaving workforce!
Record Unemployment!
Highest homeless teens since Great Depression!
Highest teen unemployment since Great Depression!
Staggering debt!

Middle East falling apart!

Party like it’s 1979!

In my case that would probably involve icecream and Saturday morning cartoons…

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

Egyptian demonstrators climbed the walls of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo today and pulled down the American flag to protest a film they say is insulting to the prophet Mohammad. Update at 2:07 p.m. ET: CNN reports that U.S. security guards fired a volley of warning shots as the crowd gathered outside the embassy walls.

High Gas Price!
Record Unemployment!
Staggering debt!

Party like it’s 1979![/quote]

You forgot to mention

a 16 trillion dollar debt

And 100 million people on some sort of government aid.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

High Gas Price!
Record Unemployment!
Staggering debt!

Party like it’s 1979![/quote]

You forgot to mention

a 16 trillion dollar debt

And 100 million people on some sort of government aid.

[/quote]

Heck, I also forgot the picture.

All we need now is a major car company going to collapse again.

Oh, wait, GM just released a report showing return to bankruptcy is inevitable.

Party like its 2012 then?

Some images, such as this or the news clips of people partying in the streets after 9/11 years ago, make me wish we had a “volunteer” army I could join when I felt like it.

I don’t care what people say, if I could man the mounted .50 cal in a helicopter for an afternoon I believe it would be highly gratifying.

Sorry, I am too busy campaigning in Ohio to care, please leave a message. Stay black.

-President BHO.

Before Obama was elected I predicted he was going to be just like Jimmy Carter. Losing Egypt is going to be something that haunts us for generations just like Iran has been. At least they chose the perfect day to remind us of how big of a fuck up this has been.

I think I found the video in question. It was produced by a Coptic group led by Morris Sadek. It’s a ridiculous film to be getting all worked up over.

Everyone, get your best groveling face on. We’ve got some apologizing to do.

“The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims ? as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others”

Phew. A couple hundred more like that and they just might forgive our offense.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:
“The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims ? as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others”

Phew. A couple hundred more like that and they just might forgive our offense. [/quote]

So, “We’re sorry that we made you attack us?”[/quote]

Yeah, we didn’t execute (or at least hand over for a mob execution) the Coptic-Egyptian expats responsible for this crime against Islam. Duh, Chushin! Duh! =P

'Feuding between the US and Israel burst into the open when Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel’s prime minister, sharply criticised recent US statements about Iran while the White House said President Barack Obama would not meet Mr Netanyahu in the US this month.

The White House’s response marks a new low in relations between Netanyahu and Obama, underscored by the fact that this is the first time Netanyahu will visit the U.S. as prime minister without meeting the president.

The White House National Security Council Spokesman Tommy Vietor said “The President arrives in New York for the UN on Monday, September 24th and departs on Tuesday, September 25th. The Prime Minister doesn?t arrive in New York until later in the week. They’re simply not in the city at the same time.”

An official in Jerusalem said that the Prime Minister’s Office sent the White House a message stating that although Netanyahu will spend only two and a half days on U.S. soil, he is interested in meeting Obama and is willing to travel to the U.S. capital specifically for that purpose. The official added that the White House rejected the request and said that at this time Obama’s schedule does not allow for a meeting.

Obama announces Letterman appearance in NY next week:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
In my case that would probably involve icecream and Saturday morning cartoons…[/quote]

You ate ice cream in the morning?

That explains a lot.[/quote]

Na, but this would have been a pretty good day at around 6 or so.

But I thought Obama said the “Arab Spring” was a wonderful thing?

One more thing that the chosen one was wrong about.

Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans killed in Libya. Prayers for them, their friends, and their families.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57511043/libya-assault-on-u.s-consulate-in-benghazi-leaves-4-dead-including-u.s-ambassador-j-christopher-stevens/

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans killed in Libya. Prayers for them, their friends, and their families.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57511043/libya-assault-on-u.s-consulate-in-benghazi-leaves-4-dead-including-u.s-ambassador-j-christopher-stevens/[/quote]

Lets not forget the people who did this posted pictures of the dead men in celebration on their websites…

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57511043/libya-assault-on-u.s-consulate-in-benghazi-leaves-4-dead-including-u.s-ambassador-j-christopher-stevens/[/quote]

Lets not forget the people who did this posted pictures of the dead men in celebration on their websites…

All over a youtube video. Youtube, folks. The future is going to bring some dark times.