Weirdest Thing Said at the Gym

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Overheard a guy at the gym several months ago that said “I don’t work out my legs. Yeah I have chicken legs, but so what? Legs are only for walking.”

He goes back to the cable crossover machine and finishes his set. The next day, I go to the gym at the same time and the same guy is doing cable crossovers again.[/quote]

Stop hating on my cable crossovers. I gotta do them at least 3-4 times a week.

Two scrawny kids were working out, and one was getting sick of doing 900 different kinds of curls. After seeing them do preachers, dumbbells, SRC’s (ughhhhh and it was my squat day), reverse curls on the pulldown tower, and another couple variations of curls…

Kid #1: “When are we gonna stop doing arms?”

Kid #2 looked at the other kid like he was from outer space, and snapped back at him…

“IT’S BURNOUT CURLS DAY, BRO.”

I started laughing right then and there. I wanted to make BurnoutCurlsDayBro my username but it was too long. At least the one kid kinda had some sense to at least want to move on to something different.

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
Two scrawny kids were working out, and one was getting sick of doing 900 different kinds of curls. After seeing them do preachers, dumbbells, SRC’s (ughhhhh and it was my squat day), reverse curls on the pulldown tower, and another couple variations of curls…

Kid #1: “When are we gonna stop doing arms?”

Kid #2 looked at the other kid like he was from outer space, and snapped back at him…

“IT’S BURNOUT CURLS DAY, BRO.”

I started laughing right then and there. I wanted to make BurnoutCurlsDayBro my username but it was too long. At least the one kid kinda had some sense to at least want to move on to something different.[/quote]

that was me. i preach to all the other skinny young white kids the importance of at least one burnout curl day per week.

duh

[quote]shizen wrote:
nullshock wrote:
I think the weirdest thing that has been said to me, multiple times too, is that I am “built like a black guy.” No idea if that is a compliment or what, its just a super weird thing to have someone tell you.

was this said to you in the locker room? [/quote]

Beat me to it, hahahaha!

[quote]nullshock wrote:
I think the weirdest thing that has been said to me, multiple times too, is that I am “built like a black guy.” No idea if that is a compliment or what, its just a super weird thing to have someone tell you.[/quote]

It is if you are a girl

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
“Doesn’t creatine make you go “roid ragin” like Arnold?”
[/quote]

I don’t understand why some people think that lifting “natural” means no protein and no creatine. WTF. How stupid can you be? Seriously.

A couple of months ago, i was at my school and we had a break so i took up my protein shake and mixed it with water. Then this fat bitch in my class says to me “That isn’t good for your health, you know that?”. While she told me this, she was eating a chocolate donut, eating fried chicken (with skin on), fries and drinking cola. I just said “Well, atleast it won’t transform me into a fatass like you.”

I don’t think she liked to hear it, but someone had to.

[quote]Tx5000 wrote:
“That isn’t good for your health, you know that?”[/quote]

Bro, I’m so sick of hearing nutritional ignorance. I hear it all the time, no matter what my situation is. Especially regarding protein.

Do you know how many people have told me that consuming my bodyweight in grams of protein a day will kill my kidneys!?

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
Tx5000 wrote:
“That isn’t good for your health, you know that?”

Bro, I’m so sick of hearing nutritional ignorance. I hear it all the time, no matter what my situation is. Especially regarding protein.

Do you know how many people have told me that consuming my bodyweight in grams of protein a day will kill my kidneys!?[/quote]

someone told me drinking too much milk will give me kidney stones. ill believe it when i piss out a meteor.

[quote]sic wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:

I don’t understand why some people think that lifting “natural” means no protein and no creatine. WTF. How stupid can you be? Seriously.[/quote]

Sic,

Everyone nows that you are only truely “natural” if you only drink breastmilk. It’s the only “natural” food their is.

You should know that by know.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
someone told me drinking too much milk will give me kidney stones. ill believe it when i piss out a meteor.[/quote]

The ironic/sad thing is that I’m going to hear shit double-time now because my brother is in the hospital with kidney problems. He was pissing out protein (a sign of kidney disease), and I’m damn sure I’m going to hear (from everyone; doctors, parents, brothers, cousins, friends, etc) that my consuming “excessive” protein is going to end up landing me in the ER.

Bless his soul though, my brother is getting better. Still, protein was not the cause of his problem.

Yeah I’ve gotten the whole “isn’t creatine a steroid” crap before, I annoyed me; but when I gave them a nutshell explanation of what it was, and pointed out a couple ways it’s different (ie closed feedback loop in terms of production, unlike testosterone), and how it can actually potentially lengthen your life span, they usually laid off. And my roommate was basically a constant dirty bulker, it made things easier for me haha.

LiveFromThe781 wrote:
someone told me drinking too much milk will give me kidney stones. ill believe it when i piss out a meteor.

The ironic/sad thing is that I’m going to hear shit double-time now because my brother is in the hospital with kidney problems. He was pissing out protein (a sign of kidney disease), and I’m damn sure I’m going to hear (from everyone; doctors, parents, brothers, cousins, friends, etc) that my consuming “excessive” protein is going to end up landing me in the ER.

Bless his soul though, my brother is getting better. Still, protein was not the cause of his problem.[/quote]

People can’t seem to grasp that just because protein intake screws you up if you have a pre-existing kidney problem doesn’t mean it causes the problem…frustrating.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
People can’t seem to grasp that just because protein intake screws you up if you have a pre-existing kidney problem doesn’t mean it causes the problem…frustrating. [/quote]

Yeah, it is frustrating. I’ve already had some family question me. And when I go to see my brother this weekend, I’m more or less sure the doctors will bring it up “in passing.”

My older brother also thinks creatine gives you 'roid rage, but from reading the other posts to this thread, it doesn’t seem to be far off from the norm.

Ignorance man, people seem to think it’s bliss.

Back when the New Year Resolutioners were in full force, I was working chest, and in between sets I people watched some skinny pale kids bench. The spotter kid was trying to get his bud to do another rep (he obviously could), but the lifter said, mid-rep as he rested the weight on his chest, “No dude, I can only do this many, I’m trying to power lift bro.” It was a sad, sad day in my life.[/quote]

What’s the matter bro? You never powerlifted bro? Bro.

[quote]Liquid447 wrote:
i’m actually DB rowing 115 right now[/quote]

as you type that? :slight_smile:

[quote]PozzSka wrote:
sic wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:

I don’t understand why some people think that lifting “natural” means no protein and no creatine. WTF. How stupid can you be? Seriously.

Sic,

Everyone nows that you are only truely “natural” if you only drink breastmilk. It’s the only “natural” food their is.

You should know that by know.

[/quote]

I love Biotest’s new powdered breast milk powder. I have at least 2 breast shakes per day.

Liquid447 wrote:
i’m actually DB rowing 115 right now

as you type that? :)[/quote]

I’m rowing 215 right now with each arm as I type these words with my nose at a rate of 500 wpm. I rock. Oh and I’m also sucking up creatine through a straw as I speak; I’m so hardcore.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

Yeah? Well I take my creatine INTRAVENOUSLY, mofo.

Whaddya think about THAT!?!?![/quote]

i can’t top that.

back to burnout curls day for me, i guess.

or a new regimen of BOSU work and M1T.

my girlfriend was doing cable pull-thru’s at my college gym and about 15 minutes later i noticed two guys and a girl who were terribly out of shape (one incredibly skinny and the other pudgy with no sign of muscle the girl was actually decently fit) and they are mimicking the motion of the pull-through and saying “like what is she even doing? what muscles could that possibly work?”

they then proceed to go and do negative only 70lbpreacher curls with both of them lifting the concentric portion