Weird Tricep Pain (Not at Elbow)

Sorry if this has been done but all “tricep pain” posts i saw were for elbow tendonitis.

last monday i was getting out of bed and felt a sharp pain in my tricep (marked green in the attached photo). since then, the area is half numb to the touch all the time but if i touch the exact stop it feels like a pin is in there. It doesnt hurt to flex my tricep at all, but if i extend it it feels like the same pin pain (stretch it, such as in the bottom position of an incline press).

I haven’t done any pressing yet, but felt pain while doing heavy deadlifts last friday.

The pain isn’t too bad but it’s weirding me out thinking i tore it somehow. no bruising or swelling or even marks on the skin at all. it hasn’t gotten better or worse in this last week.

if anyone has any idea what this is please let me know. I’m going to try benching today and see if it hurts.

Could just be a strain, I attached a photo that shows the medial head, around the same area of your pain.

If it was a tear you would be in pain and notice a loss of function. Sounds kind of weird, good luck.

Yea i figured it wouldn’t be a tear since it doesn’t hurt to much and i can flex it fine… i did incline bench with dbs today. didnt have any pain during the actual pressing but bringing the dbs down to my legs at the end were hurting…

i guess i’ll just avoid things that cause pain for a couple weeks and hopefully it’ll get better.

Good plan, I would suggest you ice it after workouts no matter what.

look in to getting some ART therapy or similar

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
look in to getting some ART therapy or similar[/quote]

Like what? Graston or therapeutic massage?

[quote]rlBanda wrote:

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
look in to getting some ART therapy or similar[/quote]

Like what? Graston or therapeutic massage? [/quote]

Preferably ART as generally I think that is King and I personally had a similar pain and ART cleared it up.

Not sure about Graston in this case, -generally seems effective, but might cause a lot of unnecessary inflammation for such a specific twinge