Weird Things You Have Seen at the Gym

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I wanted to know what kinds of weird things people have seen while at the gym in regards to exercises, lifting techniques, strange lifting atire, and people just doing some of the strangest things you have ever seen.

For example… One day I walked into the gym and saw two guys doing what appeared to be manual bicep curls and press downs with a towel (huh?). I then continued walking toward the back of the gym where the squat racks are (it was leg day) and I have to wait because both racks were taken as was the power rack. Then something else caught my eye…the guy in the squat rack was squating backwards!!!
In addition to this my training partner and I regularly see this small asian guy doing the same routine at least 3 times a week. A few sets of improper half rep barbell curls superseted with what appear to be a strange variation of RDL’s with a 40 pound dumbell. He usually follows this up with some standing overhead tricep extentions that look more like pullovers. Then he promply leaves the gym.

I seen a guy pay a horse for sex

There’s already a thread for this kind of inanity. As far as the towel thing goes, what’s so weird about that? I’m trying to improve my grip strength for an upcoming Strongman comp so I do pullups, rows, pulldowns and T-bar rows with a towel. It’s never occurred to me to squat in the rack facing the other way. I’m going to give it a try next front squat day. Maybe it’ll help me blast through the plateau I’m currently struggling with.

Search “Squat Rack Curls”

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
As far as the towel thing goes, what’s so weird about that? I’m trying to improve my grip strength for an upcoming Strongman comp so I do pullups, rows, pulldowns and T-bar rows with a towel.

[/quote]

The weird thing about it is that his friend was holding it while he was pushing down on it. (Very awkward since the guy pushing down on in was on his knees and practically in the guys crotch) There were no barbells, machines or weights involved. What you are doing with the towels is great, good luck with your competition and I hope you overcome your plateau (I am currently in a plateau as well, it sucks)

Fuzyapple

I found the thread thank you. Im lmao right now at some of the stories.

[quote]Alex27 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
As far as the towel thing goes, what’s so weird about that? I’m trying to improve my grip strength for an upcoming Strongman comp so I do pullups, rows, pulldowns and T-bar rows with a towel.

[/quote]

The weird thing about it is that his friend was holding it while he was pushing down on it. (Very awkward since the guy pushing down on in was on his knees and practically in the guys crotch) There were no barbells, machines or weights involved. What you are doing with the towels is great, good luck with your competition and I hope you overcome your plateau (I am currently in a plateau as well, it sucks)[/quote]

I hope you fall off that plateau and bounce your fucking brain off of something blunt and stationary.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
I seen a guy pay a horse for sex [/quote]

LOL!

[/quote]

I hope you fall off that plateau and bounce your fucking brain off of something blunt and stationary.[/quote]

Im not sure if I upset you by something I said but I would like appologize for whatever it was.

[quote]Alex27 wrote:

[/quote]

I hope you fall off that plateau and bounce your fucking brain off of something blunt and stationary.[/quote]

Im not sure if I upset you by something I said but I would like appologize for whatever it was.[/quote]

I think you meant to say “I would like TO apologize…” I accept your apology.

Weirdest thing I’ve seen was a guy looked like he was going to do some Tricep Dips off of a bench then ended up doing some weird sort of hip thrusts in the air as his arms were locked out straight behind him, and now I can never unsee that…

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Alex27 wrote:

I think you meant to say “I would like TO apologize…” I accept your apology.[/quote]

Yes I did mean that and thank you.

[quote]beto1371 wrote:
Weirdest thing I’ve seen was a guy looked like he was going to do some Tricep Dips off of a bench then ended up doing some weird sort of hip thrusts in the air as his arms were locked out straight behind him, and now I can never unsee that…[/quote]

Where were his feet positioned? Maybe he was doing some sort of glute bridge variation.

when i started using bands and chains, along with zercher squats over 10 years ago, i’m sure there were more than a few “what the fuck is this dude doing?” comments…i’d also be doing car pushes in the parking lot. they must have thought i was crazy AND my car sucked.

[quote]Alex27 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[/quote]

The weird thing about it is that his friend was holding it while he was pushing down on it. (Very awkward since the guy pushing down on in was on his knees and practically in the guys crotch) There were no barbells, machines or weights involved. What you are doing with the towels is great, good luck with your competition and I hope you overcome your plateau (I am currently in a plateau as well, it sucks)[/quote]

I face backeards so I dont see the mirror and focus more on keeping my head in one spot vs checking out how cute i am at the top of every rep…

the towel thing is fine too.

[quote]Alex27 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Alex27 wrote:

I think you meant to say “I would like TO apologize…” I accept your apology.[/quote]

Yes I did mean that and thank you.[/quote]

Alex, why on earth are you apologizing to this douche bag.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]beto1371 wrote:
Weirdest thing I’ve seen was a guy looked like he was going to do some Tricep Dips off of a bench then ended up doing some weird sort of hip thrusts in the air as his arms were locked out straight behind him, and now I can never unsee that…[/quote]

Where were his feet positioned? Maybe he was doing some sort of glute bridge variation.[/quote]

Hip thrust except for the arms???

so there I was, doing a nasty set of towel curls to finish bicep days and I saw this clown staring at me like “OMGWTFBBQ sauce, I’m so small, but I don’t know what those guys are doing so it must not work and be weird as fuck.” I hope he never comes in when I’m doing snatches, his anus might prolapse from shock and awe.

[quote]Alex27 wrote:
Im not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I wanted to know what kinds of weird things people have seen while at the gym in regards to exercises, lifting techniques, strange lifting atire, and people just doing some of the strangest things you have ever seen.

For example… One day I walked into the gym and saw two guys doing what appeared to be manual bicep curls and press downs with a towel (huh?).[/quote]

OH…you mean like they do right before most bodybuilding competitions or like CT and myself did in the videos by using our own resistance by working lateral delts by pushing against a stationary object?

What you saw is pretty common. I am more worried that it was so strange to you.

i saw a dude giving his girl a piggy back, then proceeded to do lunges with her still there, true story…cant figure out if that could be cool as well lol