T Nation

Weird Things in the Gym Episode 666+667

I was doing lat pulldowns when I was approached by a guy:
Guy: “How many sets do you have left?”
Me: “Quite a lot but you can work in … but wait the station over there is free.”
[The station is free but has no bar attached.]
Guy: “Yeah, but it is so much trouble.”
Me: ???
Guy: “You can hurt your hands, you know.”

Big Guy (flexing his admittedly big legs in the mirror): “Legs like tree trunks, right?”
Me: “Yep.”
Big Guy: “People just don’t know how to train. Using too much weight on the leg press. Ridiculous range of motion.”
Me: “That’s right.”
Big Guy: “Or on the bench press. I am using 154 pounds.”
[I was just finished doing sitting calf raises.]
Big Guy: “You can leave 20 pounds on the machine.”

Well, it’s a little embarassing, but years ago I was doing standing lateral dumb bell raises. On the last rep the dumbbells just, and I mean just, pinched the head of my penis. I had a blood blister on glans. It was miserable.

More recently, I was doing weighted pullups, and the chain of the dip belt slipped and pinched me further up, near the base.

Yes, for those who are counting, I’ve had two blood blisters on my cock as a direct result of working out.

I like working out; my penis, not so much.

I once had a little old indian dude approach me to say, “It has been a pleasure watching you exercise.”

Creepy thing to say to someone, but he didn’t seem to mean it in a gross way. I chalked it up to a slight language/culture barrier.

[quote]chris666 wrote:
Big Guy (flexing his admittedly big legs in the mirror): “Legs like tree trunks, right?”
Big Guy: “People just don’t know how to train. Using too much weight on the leg press. Ridiculous range of motion.”
[/quote]

Why 154? He couldn’t have been serious… This guy sounds kinda funny. In my head I am picturing a really huge dude just spouting off stupid crap to mess with people and amuse himself.

[quote]Fezzik wrote:

[quote]chris666 wrote:
[/quote]

Why 154? He couldn’t have been serious… This guy sounds kinda funny. In my head I am picturing a really huge dude just spouting off stupid crap to mess with people and amuse himself.[/quote]

Ah, it’s a metric thing, he actually said 70kg. He definitely seemed serious. He was doing single lege curl on a machine with a 10kg plate. I think he has just recently gone off the rocker with these light weight training ideas. Not long ago I spotted him doing OH presses with 40kg DBs. On the other hand, maybe it was his twin brother who looks completely identical to him.

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:
Well, it’s a little embarassing, but years ago I was doing standing lateral dumb bell raises. On the last rep the dumbbells just, and I mean just, pinched the head of my penis. I had a blood blister on glans. It was miserable.

More recently, I was doing weighted pullups, and the chain of the dip belt slipped and pinched me further up, near the base.

Yes, for those who are counting, I’ve had two blood blisters on my cock as a direct result of working out.

I like working out; my penis, not so much.[/quote]
man, wear some under armour / compression shorts and get that thing out of your way.

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:

I like working out; my penis, not so much.[/quote]

I think there are less painful ways to get a penis enlargement. Check out those spam emails in your inbox sometime.