Weird Question: Eating Over Time

[quote]dalejohnson wrote:
Wow, so many different responses. I was hoping for a clear cut answer but it seems the isn’t one. [/quote]

Complex nutritional timing aside, a box of oreos eaten in one sitting is worse than a box of oreos eaten over a period of time. Think about it, you’re consuming all those sugars and calories at once, wouldn’t it be better to spread them out over time and manage your consumption of them?

Everything in moderation.

Well if you ask Dave Tate…
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/oreo.htm

Really… no one has put this out there yet?

I think over one day though, just as a cheat “meal” kinda deal, depending on your diet otherwise.

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
dalejohnson wrote:
Wow, so many different responses. I was hoping for a clear cut answer but it seems the isn’t one.

Complex nutritional timing aside, a box of oreos eaten in one sitting is worse than a box of oreos eaten over a period of time. Think about it, you’re consuming all those sugars and calories at once, wouldn’t it be better to spread them out over time and manage your consumption of them?

Everything in moderation.[/quote]

The variable is time. Sure over a year, all at once is worse, but 5 days? I don’t know…

The main argument is the single insulin spike over 5. If you were looking to gain weight, would you eat one huge meal per day, or 5 moderate meals?

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
dalejohnson wrote:
Wow, so many different responses. I was hoping for a clear cut answer but it seems the isn’t one.

Everything in moderation.[/quote]

Let me rephrase this question.

If you ate an entire box of Oreos today what would be different in a week?

If you ate an entire box Oreos over five days what would be different in a week?

This is if everything else was constant such as diet and exercise. The only thing different than a normal week is the supplemental box of Oreos.

[quote]dalejohnson wrote:
Let me rephrase this question.

If you ate an entire box of Oreos today what would be different in a week?

If you ate an entire box Oreos over five days what would be different in a week?

This is if everything else was constant such as diet and exercise. The only thing different than a normal week is the supplemental box of Oreos.[/quote]

A one-time binge wouldn’t have much of a difference if you ate a box of oreos in a day one time compared to eating a box over the course of 5 days. The body essentially corrects itself, so a spike in calories/sugar/etc won’t do much in the long term. However, if you eat a box of oreos in a day multiple times a week, you will definitely see a difference over time compared to eating that same amount over the course of a few days.

So, I guess when it’s all said and done, there most likely won’t be any difference between the two scenarios if the binge is a one-time thing.