Weird Oily Substance in Stool

I have Been on a lower carb high protein and somewhat higher fat diet for over a month now trying to lose weight and have lost some good weight so far. Lately I have been eating less fatty meats and staying to chicken breast and fish sometimes 96% lean ground beef or buffalo and I increase my fat intake with fish oil.

I’m trying to get about the same amount of grams of fish oil as body fat and take about 20g a day with carlsons liquid fish oil and other capsules at work with high EPA and DHA. The problem is this morning when I took a dump there was this oily substance like floating on the water which looked like how a fatty oil looks in water when cooking.

Is this is problem? What does this mean? Am I not disgesting some fat or taking too much fish oil?

Did the problem start within a day of the increased fish oil consumption? Have you tried taking a little less fish oil for a few days?

If anything I have slightly increased it by 1-2 grams this week but have been using high fish oil doses for about 2 months and it has worked great up to this point. Just curious what this could be.

It sounds like it is probably oil. That is to say undigested fats. Fat blocking drugs have this as a side effect.

Iâ??m not sure if this could be a sign of digestive problems if you arenâ??t breaking down and absorbing fat or if you are just ODing on certain fats so it isnâ??t all getting absorbed.

Might be something to ask a doctor.

Are you having Gay sex?

fuck no! come on man, you’re better than that. Just keeping my nutrition straight and wondering whats going on with my body and whats happening. I’m not taking anything like that alli drug that makes this happen.

and I’m not ODing on certain fats (if it were possible, probably over years maybe) taking 20g+ of fish oil is not ridiculous or anything some like poliquin have clients taking 40g or so.

Back off on the F.O. if you’re shitting fish oil. I guess that makes sense.

Are you making sure to get protein and fiber with the fish oil? If there is nothing to retard the passage of the oil it may not be completely absorbed.

[quote]kps35 wrote:
and I’m not ODing on certain fats (if it were possible, probably over years maybe) taking 20g+ of fish oil is not ridiculous or anything some like poliquin have clients taking 40g or so.[/quote]

20 grams of fish oil is actually quite alot. Do as others have said and back off of the fish oil.

Don’t bother backing off the fish oil. If you want to get lean, ensure 1-1.5g/bf You need some gall bladder support or and a gentle liver detox

GJ

I went through the same thing. I slowly dropped my fish oil consumption, and I was good to go.

I was taking about 15g of oil per day, but my EPA/DHA consumption was through the roof since my capsules were concentrated.

What jo3 said ^^^

In a recent Dan John article he even mentioned dosing for fish oil. Said take more until you get a bit ‘runny’, then back off a bit. You just hit ‘runny’ status. From “Mass Made Simple”:

1. If you really want to shock yourself, take fish oil. Now, here’s an odd 'secret" that I use for my extremely motivated athletes: Continue to up the amount of fish oil capsules you take until you get a bit 'runny." (If you don’t know what I mean, you’ve never taken too many fish oil capsules.)

From that number, back off one or two and that’s the amount of capsules you need a day. If you’re taking Flameout, it’ll be a smaller number than someone taking a cheap store brand because it’s so concentrated in fatty acids.

[quote]kps35 wrote:
I have Been on a lower carb high protein and somewhat higher fat diet for over a month now trying to lose weight and have lost some good weight so far. Lately I have been eating less fatty meats and staying to chicken breast and fish sometimes 96% lean ground beef or buffalo and I increase my fat intake with fish oil.

I’m trying to get about the same amount of grams of fish oil as body fat and take about 20g a day with carlsons liquid fish oil and other capsules at work with high EPA and DHA. The problem is this morning when I took a dump there was this oily substance like floating on the water which looked like how a fatty oil looks in water when cooking.

Is this is problem? What does this mean? Am I not disgesting some fat or taking too much fish oil? [/quote]

Pics or GTFO