Weird Neighbors

WTF!!
I have the creepiest neighbor of all time. I moved out here to the middle of nowhere about 6 months ago because I could afford a house and it is 15 minutes from work.

Now while I was looking at this house this weird toothless guy who looks like he could have been a extra in deliverance comes up and asks me if I am going to buy the house and tells me some good info about it and the area. We will call him toothless Joe.

Now after I moved in toothless Joe proceeds to try to talk to me endlessly about squirrel hunting and other toothless hillbilly talk I could give a crap about.

I have tried to put an end to this by telling him i am busy, etc.

I could deal with this until recently, when he interrupted me about 3 months ago while I was doing deadlifts to tell me pointless info. I shrugged this one off because it was my last set.

He than does this again when I going for a PR on deads and completely distracts me. This time I was PISSED and told him I was busy and NOT to bother me while I was working out.

He than didn’t bother me for awhile UN tell the last two weeks I have noticed him pacing around a part of his property where he can see my deck from (where I work out.) I just ignored it un tell today when after a set of dumbbell military presses when I set the weights down he is about 5 feet from me when I see him he says “ya LIFT THEM WEIGHTS LIFT THEM WEIGHTS!” WTF!!! I wanted to throw a dumbbell through his head bad. But I was using my powerblocks and they are expensive.

I told him I AM BUSY and to go away.
He said he was sorry and just wanted to know if my friend caught a good deer this year (prior conversation) I told him I don’t know don’t care about hunting.

I think I may have to shoot him…

You never know who is going to move in next to you.

Being a decent neighbor is a two way street.

Keep being mean to him and I he will (hopefully) get the idea. I would bet the more he messes with you and pisses you off, the more you will naturally be mean and he will get the idea.

lIFT THEM WEIGHT LIFT THEM WEIGHTS

You have a crap situation on your hands… you don’t want this hillbilly distracting you, but at the same time, if you’re really mean to him, he might mistake you for a squirrel some day.

Why don’t you get a fence put up?

When I was a kid, my family lived on a dead end street. There was a guy like like your neighbor that lived a shack with his mother. The guy’s name was Bert. Bert was in his 40’s maybe. He collected junk. His yard was a mess. His mother was a crone. Young kids in the neighborhood were afraid of him. Older kids taunted him.

One day when I was in the 3rd grade the local paperboy was afraid to deliver a paper to the house across the street from Bert’s because there was a vicious dog sitting on the doorstep. Being a little T-man in training I volunteered to deliver the paper. I got bit. The paperboy ran.

It was Bert that came, picked me up and carried me home. I can only imagine what my mother thought when Bert showed up on my back stairs cradling me bleeding in his arms.

There are lots of strange characters in the world. Sometimes they are your neighbor. Sometimes they can be good neighbors. Reach deep and find some patience.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
You never know who is going to move in next to you.

Being a decent neighbor is a two way street.
[/quote]

I know… I have tried to be nice to the guy but he completly invades my space and the staring at me while I work out stuff is downright creepy and I am pretty sure he smokes crystal meth or something. I have asked him in a very nice way to not try to talk to me while I work out because I need to keep my focus etc, and he either forgots or just plain ole dosnt care.
I undestand he is BORED sense I am really his only neighbor all the other houses are used for vacation homes in the summer mostly.

Oh well I guess I shouldn’t make a big deal out of it, let him interupt my workouts with squirel hunting stories whenever he wants and leer at me from far away while I lift weights.

Well, I hope you didn’t take my post as a jab, but looking back on it, it could be easy to.

If you do your best to explain how important it is to concentrate when lifting, he might get the picture.

If he doesn’t, then the next time he has a squirrel in his sights, about to pull the trigger, yell “Yea! Shoot that fucker!”

I’ve had a problem with neighbors recently too. I moved in to a house next to a church. One of the guys on the board of directors wanted the place fr church property and use, but I got it first. So after he’s made a couple of shitty comments and called the cops on me for having a fire in my chimenea, I spoke to the pastor about it.

I explained to him as diplomaticaly as possible that I have terrible people problem solving skills, and that he should make sure that this member stays on his side and keeps to him self.

All has been good since.

Hope yours works out well too.

I know what you mean there is always a personal trainer of a old guy who has been quarter squating for 10 years who wants to talk to me while im doing a set

good thing there is always some one who fucks with the bar as soon as you take a rest that gives you a reason to end the convo

I had a neighbor who was a chronic alcoholic and I thought he looked creepy, so I avoided him, even when he’d say hi and try to strike up a friendly conversation, I’d cut it short.

Well, another neighbor had some shady characters hanging around and one day when I came home from work I found a couple of shady characters in my carport asking me for a date. I asked them to leave, but they refused. They then became rather nasty and forceful and my alcoholic nieghbor who was working in his yard came running over and called them out.

The creeps were very scared by this and left, and my neighbor told them to never return and they never did bother me again. He’s known for being scary looking and I think the creeps knew this and they didn’t want him to beat them up (or touch them, as he was riduculed for always looking dirty).

I got to know my neighbor better and he was actually a sweet, humble, respectful, harmless, unassuming person with a very big heart. He just looked mean and gruff.

Then, I took better notice that he’d be out in his yard a lot and watching the creepy neighbor’s friends as if he were making sure they didn’t cause any trouble to me or the other neighbors, some of whom were elderly. In my heart, I called him a guardian angel.

A few months after he basically saved me from possible harm, he was walking across the street in a very busy intersection of town, was struck by a car and died at the scene.

Anyway, that experience taught me that you can never judge a book by it’s cover. There are some really fine, upstanding, professional appearing people in this world who are totally messed up. And there are some really creepy looking people who are unfortunately judged by their appearances or some of their personality quirks/quirky habits, but are really fine people.

And also, I’m glad that I was able to get to know that neighbor and who he was as a person, even though that time was short.

[quote]Brett Tucek wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
When I was a kid, my family lived on a dead end street. There was a guy like like your neighbor that lived a shack with his mother. The guy’s name was Bert. Bert was in his 40’s maybe. He collected junk. His yard was a mess. His mother was a crone. Young kids in the neighborhood were afraid of him. Older kids taunted him.

One day when I was in the 3rd grade the local paperboy was afraid to deliver a paper to the house across the street from Bert’s because there was a vicious dog sitting on the doorstep. Being a little T-man in training I volunteered to deliver the paper. I got bit. The paperboy ran.

It was Bert that came, picked me up and carried me home. I can only imagine what my mother thought when Bert showed up on my back stairs cradling me bleeding in his arms.

There are lots of strange characters in the world. Sometimes they are your neighbor. Sometimes they can be good neighbors. Reach deep and find some patience.

I hope you’ve told this story before, because if not, it sounds extremely familiar.[/quote]

Maybe just a case of de ja Boo (Radley).

One of these days he is going to git you with his Kaiser blade, which he calls a Sling blade. Mmmm hmmmm.

DB

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
Brett Tucek wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:

I hope you’ve told this story before, because if not, it sounds extremely familiar.

Maybe just a case of de ja Boo (Radley).[/quote]

Yeah, you never know when Rob Duvall might save your ass one dark and windy Halloween night.

D

I have one question: What’s UN TELL mean?

All of Jeffrey Dahmers neighbors said he was a “perfect” neighbor.

To the OP, I would definitely try the comparison of lifting to hunting and the evils of striking up conversation during those times. He probably means well and just doesn’t understand how interupting you during your workout really throws you off.
The sad thing is that, these days, most people don’t even know their own neighbors. This guy was probably just as worried about what he was getting when you moved in as you are worried about what you moved next to.

I would, at the very least, try to get to know him. If nothing else, to make sure you AREN’T living next to a meth lab.

Good luck!

What a great story China.

If it makes you feel better, the way you treated your strange-looking neighbor in the beginning is understandable.

I think most people understand that an attractive woman has to be less-than-friendly most of the time or else she’ll get asked out 10x a day. And that she has to be careful of possible rapists as well.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
I had a neighbor who was a chronic alcoholic and I thought he looked creepy, so I avoided him, even when he’d say hi and try to strike up a friendly conversation, I’d cut it short.

Well, another neighbor had some shady characters hanging around and one day when I came home from work I found a couple of shady characters in my carport asking me for a date. I asked them to leave, but they refused. They then became rather nasty and forceful and my alcoholic nieghbor who was working in his yard came running over and called them out.

The creeps were very scared by this and left, and my neighbor told them to never return and they never did bother me again. He’s known for being scary looking and I think the creeps knew this and they didn’t want him to beat them up (or touch them, as he was riduculed for always looking dirty).

I got to know my neighbor better and he was actually a sweet, humble, respectful, harmless, unassuming person with a very big heart. He just looked mean and gruff.

Then, I took better notice that he’d be out in his yard a lot and watching the creepy neighbor’s friends as if he were making sure they didn’t cause any trouble to me or the other neighbors, some of whom were elderly. In my heart, I called him a guardian angel.

A few months after he basically saved me from possible harm, he was walking across the street in a very busy intersection of town, was struck by a car and died at the scene.

Anyway, that experience taught me that you can never judge a book by it’s cover. There are some really fine, upstanding, professional appearing people in this world who are totally messed up. And there are some really creepy looking people who are unfortunately judged by their appearances or some of their personality quirks/quirky habits, but are really fine people.

And also, I’m glad that I was able to get to know that neighbor and who he was as a person, even though that time was short.[/quote]

You could always “find religion” and then invite him to a Xenu worship service. When he asked about Xenu, reply. “Xenu is an alien ruler of the “Galactic Confederacy” who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of aliens to Earth in DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Their souls then clustered together and stuck to the bodies of the living, and continue to wreak chaos and havoc today. Would you like to come to dinner and discuss the ramifications of this truth upon your soul?” Or something to that effect.

My neighbors were really mean to me, always blasting music and cursing and throwing chicken bones on the sidewalk until that one day last year… i havent heard a peep out of them… Even when i walk by them in the barrel in my basement…

not a sound

[quote]emdawgz1 wrote:
My neighbors were really mean to me, always blasting music and cursing and throwing chicken bones on the sidewalk until that one day last year… i havent heard a peep out of them… Even when i walk by them in the barrel in my basement…

not a sound

[/quote]

Not even a slosh?

DB

Aww thanks, Sonny!

I know the usual posters here are mostly men, and I would like to make your point that the world is slightly different for women in terms of being friendly, helpful, etc. There are safety issues for women that big, muscley men don’t have to even consider, like the potential to be overpowered by a stranger and the like.

A big, muscley guy can usually approach anyone and not usually have to consider wheather or not his purse will be stolen or if the person is a rapist or something who could overpower you…no one really messes with big guys…women grow up being messed with a bit and so are naturally cautiously aware.

I guess working in ER is another reason I’m always mindful of personal safety, even outside of work. I don’t walk around in fear, but I am always just a little bit aware.

For example, there was a huge fight that broke out in a nightclub between the huge bouncers and a bunch of the huge football players right next to me, not two feet away…some big muscley guy took me, picked me up, and quickly carried me to safety, warning me to be more aware next time, I could’ve been hurt. That taught me a lesson not to be so oblivous to my environment.

Anyway, not to go off subject, I tend to run at the mouth sometimes. But it’s nice to know there are t-men who understand that this is why some women don’t always act so friendly or helpful when they are alone.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
What a great story China.

If it makes you feel better, the way you treated your strange-looking neighbor in the beginning is understandable.

I think most people understand that an attractive woman has to be less-than-friendly most of the time or else she’ll get asked out 10x a day. And that she has to be careful of possible rapists as well.

[/quote]

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
Brett Tucek wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:

I hope you’ve told this story before, because if not, it sounds extremely familiar.

Maybe just a case of de ja Boo (Radley).

Yeah, you never know when Rob Duvall might save your ass one dark and windy Halloween night.

D[/quote]

damn they beat me to it. i also can understand your frustration. i was also very annoyed by what i considered to be a nosy neighbor for a while. this lasted until i came home to find my son’s four wheeler stolen.

when i knocked on all of my nieghbors’ doors, guess who was the only one that helped me track it down by what he had observed going on at my house while i was at work? the boo radleys of the world have thier place. god bless the mocking birds.