Weird Injuries You've had

For me:

• I hurt my lower back after sneezing too hard
  • I tried to pull back my hand on a high five (as a fake out) and strained my pec
  • I was pitching once, and as I was throwing a ball, a bee flew got stuck with its stinger in my knuckle. Someone else had to remove the bee from my hand.
  • When I bat I have a tendency to hit my cleats with the bat. One time I missed and took out my own ankles.

I loled at the last one.

lol you sound exactly like my brother… My injuries were more in line with dumb behavior then weird accidents unfortunately though… The worst hands down was getting literally run over by a car with both tires, I was lying down on a skateboard when I was 11 going down a a steep sidewalk and a car backed out the drive way and almost crushed me to death.

I lost both of my short ribs on the left side in a shark attack.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

Jesus Christ. Where the fuck did that happen? Tell us ALL of the details! Did you get a few good punches in on his snout at least? Jab him in the eye with your fingers? Slit his fucking throat?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

Jesus Christ. Where the fuck did that happen? Tell us ALL of the details! Did you get a few good punches in on his snout at least? Jab him in the eye with your fingers? Slit his fucking throat?[/quote]

Monterrey Bay, 1992, just outside of cannery row. Don’t ever kayak through the chum slick out there. It’s like asking to be attacked by a freakin mako shark.

At first I though it was a sea lion playing with the kayak. He hit me from the flank and I got my legs wrapped around his body right at the dorsal fin. I used the paddle to right myself and turn him on his back. Then bashed its gills until it started bleeding.

I paddled back in to shore and got some help from there. They had to remove the short ribs, but there was nothing they could do about my pathological ability to spin a yarn.

Lost my right kneecap in a car crash involving a combine harvester.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

Jesus Christ. Where the fuck did that happen? Tell us ALL of the details! Did you get a few good punches in on his snout at least? Jab him in the eye with your fingers? Slit his fucking throat?[/quote]

Monterrey Bay, 1992, just outside of cannery row. Don’t ever kayak through the chum slick out there. It’s like asking to be attacked by a freakin mako shark.

At first I though it was a sea lion playing with the kayak. He hit me from the flank and I got my legs wrapped around his body right at the dorsal fin. I used the paddle to right myself and turn him on his back. Then bashed its gills until it started bleeding.

I paddled back in to shore and got some help from there. They had to remove the short ribs, but there was nothing they could do about my pathological ability to spin a yarn.
[/quote]

Monterey Bay. I fucking knew it. Once you get out past all the kelp that builds up just off the shore between the west end of Santa Cruz and the southern tip of the bay there’s nothing but sharks out there. Lots of great whites especially. I surf at Cowell’s and Steamer’s (only when there isn’t a swell coming in; I don’t feel like getting into a fistfight on the water with a bunch of local yokels or local pros on the good days) whenever I’m in town. There’s nothing to worry about there because the kelp forms a natural barrier that the great whites won’t swim through.

But if you head a little further up the coast from Steamer’s, toward Davenport, or head south of the bay or, worse yet, venture about a mile or so past the shoreline and you are really asking to get attacked by a very large, very menacing shark.

What were you doing all the way out here on the Left Coast?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
…They had to remove the short ribs, but there was nothing they could do about my pathological ability to spin a yarn.
[/quote]

[quote]Grumpig Hunt wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
…They had to remove the short ribs, but there was nothing they could do about my pathological ability to spin a yarn.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I did not see what you did there.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Monterey Bay. I fucking knew it. Once you get out past all the kelp that builds up just off the shore between the west end of Santa Cruz and the southern tip of the bay there’s nothing but sharks out there. Lots of great whites especially. I surf at Cowell’s and Steamer’s (only when there isn’t a swell coming in; I don’t feel like getting into a fistfight on the water with a bunch of local yokels or local pros on the good days) whenever I’m in town. There’s nothing to worry about there because the kelp forms a natural barrier that the great whites won’t swim through.

But if you head a little further up the coast from Steamer’s, toward Davenport, or head south of the bay or, worse yet, venture about a mile or so past the shoreline and you are really asking to get attacked by a very large, very menacing shark.

What were you doing all the way out here on the Left Coast?[/quote]

Visiting one of my brothers. He was stationed at Fort Ord, so I stopped out for a couple of weeks.

We did go out about 2-3 miles to get some pictures, and became very aware of how vulnerable we were when a sea lion started bumping and playing with my kayak.

Back yard boxing with some mates.
Threw a jab, barely made contact and heard a cracking sound from my arm.
Didn’t hurt so kept on boxing. Turns out i actually broke my arm, clean break through my ulnar.

I was putting my shoes on one day, when I stood up I ruptured my patellar tendon.

BTW, It’s really weird seeing your kneecap in your quad…

twisted my ankle chasing after a ned (that’s what we call young people who go out drinking, taking drugs and causing trouble where I come from) trying to get him to smack my ass.

Dunno why I did it, luckily I was drunk enough not to feel it at the time. I can just vaguely remember chasing him being like “C’mere and smack my ass!”

When I woke up in the morning I didn’t really remember doing it and had no idea how bad it was so I got out of bed, put my weight on the fucked up ankle and collapsed. Not a great way to start the day.

a Buddy and I flipped a golf cart and I almost cut my foot off. I end up with a laceration just above the joint that required 3 layers of stiches (40 in total) and a drain that put me on my back for 2 weeks. My wife was on maternity leave with our daughter who was 8 weeks old at the time, she was really pleased with me. I also twisted my knee when I slipped and stuck me leg thru our kitchen cieling, that was another proud moment.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
twisted my ankle chasing after a ned (that’s what we call young people who go out drinking, taking drugs and causing trouble where I come from) trying to get him to smack my ass.

Dunno why I did it, luckily I was drunk enough not to feel it at the time. I can just vaguely remember chasing him being like “C’mere and smack my ass!”

When I woke up in the morning I didn’t really remember doing it and had no idea how bad it was so I got out of bed, put my weight on the fucked up ankle and collapsed. Not a great way to start the day.[/quote]
you’re a girl right?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

When I woke up in the morning I didn’t really remember doing it and had no idea how bad it was so I got out of bed, put my weight on the fucked up ankle and collapsed. Not a great way to start the day.[/quote]

lolwut?

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

you’re a girl right?[/quote]

nope

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

lolwut?[/quote]

you’re Scottish, you never have any fun with neds?

I lost all the feeling on the outside of my right index finger when a catfish that I was holding finned me through the knuckle. I can only assume it clipped a nerve.