Weird Hormone Panel Results

http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/scales/clinical_data.html

[quote]KSman wrote:
http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/scales/clinical_data.html
[/quote]

Ha?

Sorry, didn’t quite get the response…could you elaborate, please?

Is my T normal, or do I qualify for TRT?

Older blood work November the 8th 2010.
Lab hematology
(vK) SE 2 mm/3.6s (2-13)
(vK) Leukocytes 5.4 10e9/l (3.4-9.7)
(vK) Eritrocytes 4.41 10e12/l (4.34-5.72)
(vK) Hemoglobin 140 g/l (138-175)
(vK) Thrombocytes 174 10e9/l (158-424)
( ) Hematocrit 0.395 1 (0.415-0.530)
( ) RDW 14.1 (9.0-15.0)
( ) MPV 7.6 fL (6.8-10.4)
(k-Erc) MCV 89.6 f/l (83.0-97.2)
(k-Erc) MCH 31.7 pg (27.4-33.9)
(k-Erc) MCHC 354 g/l (320-345)
Lym % 41.9 % (20.0-46.0)
Mid % 5.6 % (2.0-19.0)
Grn % 52.5 % (57.1-75.0)
Eosinophils 1.00 % (0-7)
Basophils 0.00 % (0-1)
Unseg. 2.0 % (0-2)
Segmented 53.0 % (44-72)
Lymphocytes 43.0 % (20-46)
Monocytes 1.00 % (2-12)

Metabolites and substrates
(S) UREA 9.3 mmol/l (2.8-8.3)
(S) BILIRUBIN 30.5 umol/l (3.0-20.0)
(S) CREATININ 93 umol/l (79-125)

Enzymes
(S) AST 26 U/L (11-38)
(S) ALT12 12 U/L (12-48)
(S) GGT 13 U/L (11-55)

Lipids
(S) HDL-Chol. 1.70 mmol/l (>1.00)
(S) LDL-Chol. 2.6 mmol/l (<3.00)
(S) Cholesterol 4.8 mmol/l (<5.00)
(S) Triglycerides 1.00 mmol/l (<1.70)

This:

sometimes i have heart palpitations, that wake me up in the middle of sleep, or prevent me from sleeping…and sometimes parts of my body twitch, not sure if it’s the muscles or arteries or smth…stranege pulsating feeling, and i can see the obviuos twitches in the mirror.

Looks like you were dehydrated for that lab work. You need to drink water when fasting before the lab work.

Your T is sort of mid range, but low for your age. Some docs might treat this, others will not.

Hematocrit is low. TRT would correct some of that.

could the T results be wrong?
or should i exercise day before the blood test, or maybe have sex, cause that really kills my T levels (and than have lower T in results ,and then maybe 'ill get some help from the doctors around here)?

cause, actually, the day i took the test, i’ve been rested, haven’t exercised and haven’t had sex, and felt like my mood was a bit better than usual…really ironic, ha?

maybe i should take the test in the afternoon…

haven’t fasted before the T test, should i have? ate meat, protein shake, and lots of supps

woke up too early today, at about 3:00-3:30 am. had a fright or smth and felt it was a bit too hot in bed, but then measured my temp, and it was 97.16F

…now i remembered, i drank some cocoa in the morning yesterdy…that’s what messed me up…guess i still can’t have any of the mild stimulants

15mg oxazepam before sleep

24.12.2010 7:46h

fasted

(S) fT3 5.62 pmol/L ( 3.10 - 6.80 )
(S) fT4 18.7 pmol/L ( 12.0 - 22.0 )

24.12.2010 8:49h

fasted

ESTRADIOL: 81.83 pmol/L ref:28.0 - 156.0

don’t know if eating more junk food could’ve influenced this, cause since the last test i’ve been slipping away beacuse of a slight depression

E2 is 22pg/ml, great if your T levels are strong; otherwise will lead to some degree of estrogen dominance.

Thyroid numbers are above mid range and that would normally indicate that things are great. But if you have a pattern of low waking temperatures, then one needs to suspect high rT3.

Many thanks!

Update: lately i’ve noticed missing patches of hair on my calves and shins…nothing too obvious…but there are patches of hair completely missing near the ankles…totally smooth…could my t results have been wrong? or could smth else have caused this? and i have concluded that my pubic hair is weaker, shorter, lighter and thinner than it used to be…my scalp hair is still falling off…i got the answers that my t levels aren’t that low, and that my estrogen isn’t too high…my thyroid numbers seem to be ok too…is there smth i’m missing??

never heard of that symptom except for general hair loss due to poor thyroid function.

what are your most recent test results (actual numbers not just they seem ok)?

every information i know has already been posted in this thread…test results and such.

wow, such an old thread…man i was a pain in the ass (still am). don’t know if anybody’s gonna read this. recently i found out that i am hypermobile.

didn’t even know what subluxation was before.
i get that all time. also snapping hip syndrome. i just twitch my leg muscles when im sitting drinking my morning coffe and my knees go pop.
my right hip goes pop all time, and sometimes in the gym (doin squat or ketbell swings and such) something presses on my sciatica nerve, and bam - my right leg feels paralized or like lightning just struck me in the leg.

recently i kind of fucked up my si joint ( since then my lower lumbar region near the sacrum goes pop too, ie. when i flex my trunk to pick smth up). ordered an si belt.

my spine is way hypermobile, when i try to stay in good form and tighten my trunk and scapula, chest high, and all that good posture stuff (i.e. when i do my squats,dls, lat pulldowns, cable tri ext. and especially cable rows- where i try not to flex my trunk and stay in relly good form, i get zero range of motion cause my back is so hyperexeded and tense already, but if dont’t hyperextend i can’t stay tight, the weight just pulls me over to flexion) i end up looking like a banana or like i just ended up in some top level, expert, yoga pose…it looks freaky…
now i know i shouldn’t have done yoga in the past, it only furthered (is that even a word)my inborn joint instability.
man, and to think i was once proud of being so flexible.
both of my shoulders pop and often hurt in a bad way. i tried some of those shoulder stability exercise with good form (like cuban press etc.), only made them hurt and sublux more. at this point openchain vertical and horizontal pulling sucks, it tightens up my back muscles and compresses nerves resulting in shoulder pain (vertical pulling even shoulder width or narrower makes my left shoulder go pop…and that’s when elbos are already nearing my body ), but also the opposite movements like overhead pressing and horizontal pressing are out of the question. benching gives me the similar feeling down my shoulders as when i get sciatica nerve pain.
if let my shoulders sublux or round a bit during benching - hurts, if i tighten my back muscles, scapula and stuff to keep them in place and give them more stability - hurts…sometimes retracting my scapula sucks to the point where i feel my back muscle are kind of crunching and crushing my spine due to their already excesive tonus. i gave up exercising for a while now.

everything i do seems to further the problems. machines are even worse. lying leg curls, knees pop and hurt, leg extension same, squats only put too much pressure one the si joint and the lower lumbar region when done perfectly (ATG, no ass wink), on rdls you can actually feel something tearing in the si join area and even the coccygeal area, machine flys of every kind fuck up my shoulders
…basically anything with any range of motion seems to hurt me nowadays.
i can’t even do bicep curls cause it tightens the tendon of the humerus which in turn fucks up my shoulders and makes my right shoulder pop even more. was good for a while when i did a lot of stretching before doing anything, but even then i limited myself to squats mostly.

now i’m not even sure what stretches are good anymore because i don’t want to futher the instability.

i guess now i can explain those frequent nosebleeds due to lack of collagen…probably the soft muscles too.

sorry for all the info, especially because it’s not really directly related to the topic. but when i noticed the question ‘‘Do you have hyper range of motion in joints?’’ i started wondering did the new info make any difference in the diagnosis. i kind of overlooked that question in the past.

[quote]berislav wrote:
wow, such an old thread…man i was a pain in the ass (still am). don’t know if anybody’s gonna read this. recently i found out that i am hypermobile.

didn’t even know what subluxation was before.
i get that all time. also snapping hip syndrome. i just twitch my leg muscles when im sitting drinking my morning coffe and my knees go pop.
my right hip goes pop all time, and sometimes in the gym (doin squat or ketbell swings and such) something presses on my sciatica nerve, and bam - my right leg feels paralized or like lightning just struck me in the leg.

recently i kind of fucked up my si joint ( since then my lower lumbar region near the sacrum goes pop too, ie. when i flex my trunk to pick smth up). ordered an si belt.

my spine is way hypermobile, when i try to stay in good form and tighten my trunk and scapula, chest high, and all that good posture stuff (i.e. when i do my squats,dls, lat pulldowns, cable tri ext. and especially cable rows- where i try not to flex my trunk and stay in relly good form, i get zero range of motion cause my back is so hyperexeded and tense already, but if dont’t hyperextend i can’t stay tight, the weight just pulls me over to flexion) i end up looking like a banana or like i just ended up in some top level, expert, yoga pose…it looks freaky…
now i know i shouldn’t have done yoga in the past, it only furthered (is that even a word)my inborn joint instability.
man, and to think i was once proud of being so flexible.
both of my shoulders pop and often hurt in a bad way. i tried some of those shoulder stability exercise with good form (like cuban press etc.), only made them hurt and sublux more. at this point openchain vertical and horizontal pulling sucks, it tightens up my back muscles and compresses nerves resulting in shoulder pain (vertical pulling even shoulder width or narrower makes my left shoulder go pop…and that’s when elbos are already nearing my body ), but also the opposite movements like overhead pressing and horizontal pressing are out of the question. benching gives me the similar feeling down my shoulders as when i get sciatica nerve pain.
if let my shoulders sublux or round a bit during benching - hurts, if i tighten my back muscles, scapula and stuff to keep them in place and give them more stability - hurts…sometimes retracting my scapula sucks to the point where i feel my back muscle are kind of crunching and crushing my spine due to their already excesive tonus. i gave up exercising for a while now.

everything i do seems to further the problems. machines are even worse. lying leg curls, knees pop and hurt, leg extension same, squats only put too much pressure one the si joint and the lower lumbar region when done perfectly (ATG, no ass wink), on rdls you can actually feel something tearing in the si join area and even the coccygeal area, machine flys of every kind fuck up my shoulders
…basically anything with any range of motion seems to hurt me nowadays.
i can’t even do bicep curls cause it tightens the tendon of the humerus which in turn fucks up my shoulders and makes my right shoulder pop even more. was good for a while when i did a lot of stretching before doing anything, but even then i limited myself to squats mostly.

now i’m not even sure what stretches are good anymore because i don’t want to futher the instability.

i guess now i can explain those frequent nosebleeds due to lack of collagen…probably the soft muscles too.

sorry for all the info, especially because it’s not really directly related to the topic. but when i noticed the question ‘‘Do you have hyper range of motion in joints?’’ i started wondering did the new info make any difference in the diagnosis. i kind of overlooked that question in the past.[/quote]

As for your question, I’m not really sure what any of that would have to do with hormone issues. I haven’t seen anything linking the two, peresonally.

Have any of your docs mentioned Ehlers-Danlos?

we have a health care sytem where you’re assigned a family doctor who’s a GP. not much help. complained about shoulders few years back, she said it might need surgery but that it’s better if i just leave it alone…surgery would be too much complication. so i have to self diagnose with help of the internet and the pricy private test labs (insurance can only cover things that are done in state/public hospitals with the paperwork you get from your family doctor). most of the time docotrs just recommend drinking some tea with lemon, even if you’ve got your head blown off. she’s probably never heard of Ehlers-Danlos, or the term hypermobility for that matter. Ehlers-Danlos is one of my suspects, though that doesn’t mean i’m some kind of contortionist superstar…but i was just trying to find out why was hypermobility mentioned in a previous post by KSman.

[quote]KSman wrote:

What other medical issues do you have? Medications?
Digestive issues?
Do you have hyper range of motion in joints?
Do you get cold easily?
Any one in your family have same build as you?
Do you eat sea food, use iodized salt, have iodine in your vitamins?
How do you react to major stress?

[/quote]