Weird Hormone Panel Results

I was suspecting low T…but really low e2 is what surprised me. somebody said the ideal range of e2 for men was 24-29, and mine is 5. could this affect my very bad recovery, joint pain, insomnia, mood swings, freak outs, weak libido etc. (last time i had normal morning wood was when i was like in high school, not even sure if it was even all through high school)

LH (ECL) 2,4U/L REF: 1,7-8,6

FSH (ECL) 1,4U/L REF: 1,5-12,4

ESTRADIOL (ECL) 5,0 ng/L REF:7,63-42,6

TESTOSTERONE (ECL) 14,07nmol/L REF: 9,9-27,8

FREE TEST(CALCULATED) 321,20pmol/L REF: 178,00-598,00

DHEA-s (ECL) 8,7�¼mol/L REF: 2,6-7,7

sHBG (ECL) 34,55nmol/L REF: 14,5-48,4

CORTISOLE (ECL) 634,3nmol/L REF: 7h-10h 171-536, 16h-20h 64-340 -i took my blood test at 11:30

(A) T3 (ECL) 1,6 nmol/L REF: 1,3-3,1

(A) T4 (ECL) 113 nmol/L REF:59-154

(A) TSH (ECL) 3,33 mU/L REF:0,27-4,2

if exercise i don’t sleep at all, get hot flashes at night and lose libido for days, same thing happens when i ejaculate…i become pretty irritable and verbally aggressive, have mood swings and feelings of futileness, and than i’m not interested in sex for a few days…and i’m only 25…and all the symptoms looked like IMS before i took my blood test. now i don’t know what to think…:confused: i’m pretty delicately built too…like really thin wrists and small hands, chicken legs, 6ft tall

got smth to do with this?

could be a bad test result.

looks like a possible thyroid issue

but thyroid seems ok compared to high cortisol, low e2 and high dhea…or maybe i’m not seeing something. i’m not particularly knowledegable about endocrinology

T3 should be closer to 2.2, I also vote for thyroid problems. Many of the symptoms of hypothyroidism are the same as hypogonadism.

You really need to do labs for free T3, T4 - fT3, fT4

If you have a low functional level of fT3, that really does not explain why your are so thin. This is a diagnostic conflict. Please help resolve this by taking and recording your body temperature when you first wake up. Convert to Fahrenheit and post back here.

Always come back to this thread with updates etc.

SHBG seems too high for E2 that low. Something else may be increasing SHBG or the E2 lab is bogus.

Low E2 is consistent with your low body fat, low libido and joint pain.

If your E2 is really that low, a bone density scan might be warranted.

Please describe your diet [and quantities] and supplements.

What other medical issues do you have? Medications?
Digestive issues?
Do you have hyper range of motion in joints?
Do you get cold easily?
Any one in your family have same build as you?
Do you eat sea food, use iodized salt, have iodine in your vitamins?
How do you react to major stress?

thank you very much on your detailed reponse. i’ll get back with more info tomorrow. i need to go to sleep right now. here its 1:19 am. should i measure the temperature in my mouth or under the armpit? here in croatia we put the thermometer under the armpit. thank you once again. i’m truly blessed with help of the people from this site. things would be much worse if i could rely only on the help of my family doctor.

Most take oral temps for this purpose.

i took my oral temp half an hour upon waking. dunno if i did it right - 96.98 degrees Fahrenheit. didn’t have breakfast before taking it. but about an hour before sleep i took 15mg oxazepam. only my second day doing that. but i really sleep better when i take it. felt really good to wake up this morning. even a bit of the morning wood there… i’ll fill on the details later today. thank you so much KSman for your help

feel drowsy today and can’t concentrate properly right now (probably the stupid polenta mom made and i had to eat…i’m staying with my parents for a few days), so sorry if i’m not going into details as much as i should. i’ll try to update with time.

[quote]Please describe your diet [and quantities] and supplements.

What other medical issues do you have? Medications?
Digestive issues?
Do you have hyper range of motion in joints?
Do you get cold easily?
Any one in your family have same build as you?
Do you eat sea food, use iodized salt, have iodine in your vitamins?
How do you react to major stress?[/quote]

well that’s a long story

my diet: variety of meats, mostly pork (cause it’s cheap), eggs, veggies, fruit, whey protein, good stuff mostly. i took these supplements for about a month before testing:D3(3-5X400IU),2x Silymarin(milk thistle), omega 3 (3x; Dietpharm EPA 180mg, DHA 120mg),Ca-Mg-Zn(3x;KAL High Potency)

took milk thistle cause bilirubin (bilirubin 30.5 umol/l ref:3-20)seemed high last time i checked my blood, so just in case…also just a wiff of alcohol was alot for me at the time. was also too sensitive to caffeine. so it got better after taking milk thistle for a while.

i have some kind of gastritis, never checked for it really, but i have to avoid stress and certain foods (probably helicobacter plyori - caused by years of eating at the university cafeteria)

i have poor circulation (my feet are often cold)

and my hair has been thinning since 2007. when depression got worse and when i had the worst insomnia ever. my hair never went back to normal. always falling out a bit more than it should.

as a kid i had frequent nose bleeds, and was always sick…but nobody really got into that too much.
had pneumonia.

one time i had huge wart problem, sine i way 14yo all the way to 19…they were all over my hands and feet.

maybe this information is useless, but i figure it’s some kind of proof of a very weak immune system.

i’m not that ripped skinny, veiny guy…if i’m in my prime my body looks something like this: http://www.google.hr/imgres?imgurl=http://image1.masterfile.com/getImage/NjAwLTAxNjE0MjE1bi4wMDAwMDAwMA%3DANd--O/600-01614215n.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.masterfile.com/stock-photography/image/600-01614215/Portrait-of-Boy-on-Beach&usg=__M9dQmuqgSNSclDsmwxGW59peDe4=&h=550&w=366&sz=41&hl=hr&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=VHl6zGBlZWIqsM:&tbnh=137&tbnw=97&prev=/images%3Fq%3D10%2Byo%2Bbeach%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dhr%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D601%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=1142&vpy=80&dur=5287&hovh=275&hovw=183&tx=102&ty=174&ei=ewYJTYztBZKHswbGjvSTAw&oei=ewYJTYztBZKHswbGjvSTAw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0

…OK not literally, but almost

always felt that everybody else had better gains, faster, with less work, and 4X less food, plus they drank and smoked and stuff like that.

hyper range of motion? - like double jointed? not really, but i have problems with joints, especially my right shoulder, which i could pop out at will when i was 13-14, would just pull it down with muscles of the arm(i guess) and it would detach from the joint…can’t do it anymore, but is still a source of chronic aches and pains.

also, all the muscles seem to be shorter on the right side of the body.

i have problems maintaining a normal circadian rhythm, in winter especially.

my dad has a similar build, but he’s much taller, and has huge hands and feet (i don’t)…he seems to have more test too…but is kind of unstable, nervous person(i am the same way sometimes, but not that much)
he also has PTSP diagnosed…but i know he had the same problems before(the war i mean)…he’s an alcoholic, too.

my mother is also not perfect picture of health, she’s short, and kinda fat…unhealthy fat - skinny legs fat torso…she also had breast cancer…maybe i could even post some pictures of both of them later

i used to get so disappointed at times, because at university i was the guy who was always eating a ton of food and was still smaller than anybody else…i only got fatter a the midwaist (i never get that fat look, just that ‘‘kid with the protruding stomach’’ look), not much muscle…i was never one of those ‘‘i’m super skinny but i have abs’’ guys…couldn’t get big or ripped, while some people always had abs and just did a few pushups a day or stuff like that.

does sea salt account for anything? (salt from the Adrian sea)
i eat sea food sometimes, but always thought that i don’t need to worry about iodine because in Croatia we all consume sea salt produced in our country.

what is major stress?
i am known to oscillate in reactions and general mood.

hope i gave some good info.
i’ll try to do better next time

my spine maybe a bit hypermobile, not sure what qualifies

less than a year ago i tried to fix sleeping problems with zolpidem, which i took from my dad…at one point i even took 90mg (18X5mg tablets…as i can recall), first 8 or 9 when i couldn’t fall asleep the first time, than when i woke up after three hours and took 8-9 more)…the second day i stopped using. i wasn’t about to become a drug addict…

profile pictures were taken when i was at my leanest (bodyfat wise)…didn’t eat carbs, worked out all day, did intermittent fasting…and got a bit of abs for the first time.

The iodine in sea water is rejected by sea salt crystals as they grow. Sea salt has no useful amounts of iodine, unless the package states that it has been added.

Low thyroid levels can cause brittle hair and hair loss.

Are you taking any drugs for heart burn?

Is your thyroid gland large? Your dads?

Check body temp when you wake, not 1/2 hour later. If you have a pattern near 97F that is a thyroid problem. [Some docs will not see it that way.]

Does stress every leave you feeling wiped out? Then for how long?

Oxazepam - Wikipedia has to many risks

You can try this for sleep: Trazodone - Wikipedia
or
Benadryl - Wikipedia

When i feel that really stabbing pain in my stomach, i take a few tablets for the pain to stop, ranging from 1 to 5 tablets (once i had to take nine for the pain to stop). tablets contain 450mg aluminii hydroxidum-magnesii carbonAS gel and 300 magnesii hydroxidum. some days i totally forget that i have this stomach problem, and then it comes back .

How do i know if my or my dads thyroid gland is large? sorry for being a pain in the ass. i have to wait for my health insurance to be in check, so i can’t afford to go to the doctors right now. will probably have to wait till after the New Year.

i guess, it seems to me that i might have some kind of chronic fatigue syndrome, cause sometimes i just check out from the surroundings and i have to lay down on the couch, or even on the floor…i would take a nap, but most often i forbid myself to do that 'cause any nap will screw up my circadian rhythm. sometimes i feel drained from doing the simplest things, while other people keep on going. i feel the need to take coffee or smth like that but can’t because of the gastritis. so i’m stuck with feeling shitty if i don’t have the ideal day (no stress, it’s summer…)well, i guess that means i don’t react to stress well. i slept well today without taking anything. went to sleep at midnight, woke up at 6:00 am (no alarm)…did wake up once in the middle of the sleep.

i forgot to mention that my hands are always extremely dry, well my skin is dry in general, but hands especially…i guess, since always.

…i did use minoxidil 5% for a while because of the hair loss problem, but didn’t use it for very long.

This:

-Brain fog, no one knows what that means but everyone knows if they have it!
-Social withdrawal - “I would rather not go out”
-Why am I a moody bitch?
-Can’t get it up?
-It is up, now it’s gone.
-My penis is numb
-Why do really hot looking women and girls now look like art instead of lust? (not always)
-Why do really stressful situations leave me feeling physically beat up.
-My joints have started to ache
-I am not depressed, I just don’t care about anything, no joy, no motivation, no reward

no enlarged thyroid in family as far as i can see. googled some pics…
maan, i could use a nap right now…

more info: no hair on the chest till early 20ties (had a torso of a child till like 23-24), facial hair also came fairly late, especially the beard and the sideburns, not much hair on the forearms either…legs are hairy though

You seem to have been a low T guy based on bone build, symptoms and body hair.

Dry skin is classic for hypothyroidism. Low T also leads to less skin oils and loss of skin elasticity.

I think that you should take action base on an assumption that you have hypothyroidism. Might not be your only problem, but you need to start somewhere and should address that before starting TRT in any case. You need to gather your symptoms and convictions and talk to your doctor. Do fT3, fT3 labs.

Also need cholesterol and complete blood count including liver markers.

Address dietary iodine intake.

Medications that lower stomach acid interfere with your ability to absorb B-12 created by gut bacteria or in foods or supplements.

So could you answer how low is my T, actually? Can’t really rely on ref values.

This is my latest pic…
and this is my upright, straight posture (ROFL)

I’ve been training (better to say trying to train) on and off for 7 years. yup, i know you can’t tell by looing at me…but at one time i was actually using 90 lbs for pull ups, and 110 for dips, not much, but still better than the way i look.

P.S. no, i wasn’t stoned in this pic

also, back in high school i was kicked in the nuts hard by this guy…it hurt really bad, and i had a coloreless discharge for a few days.

…the pathetic gene pool.

thanks mom and dad.