T Nation

Weird Gym Rules

Ah, cell phones. My gym prohibits them in the locker room, because so many have cameras and they constitute an invasion of privacy. Maybe that’s part of the reason for the prohibition in the weight room?

[quote]TShaw wrote:
Ah, cell phones. My gym prohibits them in the locker room, because so many have cameras and they constitute an invasion of privacy. Maybe that’s part of the reason for the prohibition in the weight room?[/quote]

OK, now that would make a lot more sense to me. The sign seems to indicate that talking on them is the real issue, but you raise a good point. The things people will do with cell phone cameras can be more than a little creepy.

There’s noise and there’s NOOIISE ! ! !

I remember when I was attempting a personal rep on the benchpress (and it wasn’t a heavy weight either), I was positively distracted when some moron walked into the free weight room and thought everybody should know that he had entered the building. I was lucky to rack that weight, as my spotter got distracted also.

Another time, one of these machos smashed his dumbell into the floor, it bounced back and crushed my water bottle. I had to jump out of the way or it would have landed on my foot. I wouldn’t have been able to move that fast if I was carrying 2 50 lbs dumbbells, would I?

So, moaning, grunting. Ok. But shouting, shrieking??? WTF.

And dropping the weights??? If you can’t controll the weight, you shouldn’t pick it up. Everybody knows that.

And I did notice that you can handle more weight than I can. I simply choose not to applaud. You have a problem with that? Cause I could hit you with a pink girlie weight in the head next time you do dumbbell flies. And probably not a single witness would come forward.

You think about that next time your bouncing dumbbell crashes my water bottle again.