Weird Gym Behavior

Not sure where to post this…but had to after this morning at the gym.

I’m sure some of you have seen some pretty freaky people doing some weird things while at the gym…I have seen a lot, but this one is the strangest so far.

This guy is walking around holding one of those cardio balls on his head for about 10 minutes…puts it down and proceeds to run down the hallway as fast as he can (about 75 feet)…then bends over with his head stuffed into the cardio ball rack for about 2 minutes…then grabs one of those blue cardio mats and walks around for 20 minutes with the thing wrapped around his head…

I’m on the treadmill this whole time thinking WTF!? and trying not to laugh my ass off.

I always see this really skinny Indian dude about my age and the only thing that he does is take a 45lb plate and shoulder press it from touching his head to an extended position like 40 times. I think his range of motion is about 4 inches… he has a long neck.

Weirdest one I’ve seen is a 50ish year old guy who sits on one of the siwss ball and bounces up and down for about an hour. The whole gym gets a good hearty laugh at him. Sometimes he bounces high, sometimes low. The kicker is he has a racketball that he throws againest the wall and tries to catch it, but he always missed and the ball goes flying off into the gym and potentially could be kinda dangerous but the comedy is worth it.

Higgins and Prog - that sounds damn entertaining!

I can’t compete with either one.

This guy came into the gym one time, he goes over to the curl rack and puts a bunch of weight on the bar, puts the bar behind his neck, kind of on his shoulders, walks out a few feet and proceeds to bend down like he’s sitting on a chair? I haven’t seen anything like this before or since, it was hilarious. It was all I could do to finish my tricep kick backs I was laughing so hard.

weirdest thing I saw recently was someone squatting in the squat rack. Well, not weird, just unusual for here.

Some guy was using an eliptical and was standing on it backwards. I guess he didn’t see the chick next to him going backwards but facing forwards like a normal person.

The weirdest thing in my gym is people walk but don’t go anywhere on this motor driven belt-type contraption. It makes me think of a hamster whel for people.

I can’t figure out why they pay money to do this when it is free to go outside and walk.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
weirdest thing I saw recently was someone squatting in the squat rack. Well, not weird, just unusual for here. [/quote]

Yeah, there were two people doing deads in my gym yesterday. I swear to god I thought I was the only one in the place that did them.

Strangest thing in my gym is every once in a while, this chick comes walking through the free weight area butt naked wearing nothing but high heels. She always walks right past me, gives me the come hither look and walks away. It’s really distracting, but I like.

DB

P.S. I lift in my basement.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Strangest thing in my gym is every once in a while, this chick comes walking through the free weight area butt naked wearing nothing but high heels. She always walks right past me, gives me the come hither look and walks away. It’s really distracting, but I like.

DB

P.S. I lift in my basement.[/quote]

Need pics. We don’t believe you. :=)

[quote]Higgins wrote:
Weirdest one I’ve seen is a 50ish year old guy who sits on one of the siwss ball and bounces up and down for about an hour.

[/quote]

+1

i have this girl who comes into the gym and she straddles the decline ab bench. she then proceeds to slam her ass into the bench probably about 20 times. then does something else and then comes back and does it again. Its so bizarre and it makes the LOUDEST noise.

[quote]dday wrote:
This guy came into the gym one time, he goes over to the curl rack and puts a bunch of weight on the bar, puts the bar behind his neck, kind of on his shoulders, walks out a few feet and proceeds to bend down like he’s sitting on a chair?

I haven’t seen anything like this before or since, it was hilarious. It was all I could do to finish my tricep kick backs I was laughing so hard.[/quote]

i can top that… the other day i saw this dude come into the gym to do some curls. he set the bar up right outside the curl rack and loaded it with like 5 plates a side, but then all he did was pick the thing up a few times. i guess the guy thought he’d fool some people, but he wasn’t impressing me.

lol, some of these are funny.

while i can’t top any of them, there were a few characters at the Y i used to lift at. There was one guy who used to come in and do curls, benches, tricep extensions, etc… BUT, he’d do them all literally with a 1-2 inch ROM.

there was another guy who’d come in and just do curls, but his curls looked more like a combination of curls, rows, and upright rows.

of course there was a slew of older people there, since it was a Y. while i normally wouldn’t say anything about them, (after all, they were old, and obviously limited in what they could do), there were a few worth mentioning.

There was one guy who’d come in in dress pants and a button-down shirt, all he’d do was go over to a bench, lay down, and do a few sets of bench presses with just the bar (of course only using a half range of motion).

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
The weirdest thing in my gym is people walk but don’t go anywhere on this motor driven belt-type contraption. It makes me think of a hamster whel for people.

I can’t figure out why they pay money to do this when it is free to go outside and walk.[/quote]

Hey, I do that. It’s hot/cold outside!

Also, my apartment has a free “fitness room” with some treadmills, so it doesn’t actually cost me $$. Aside from rent, etc.

One time, a few little tiny asian kids (like 125lbs) came into the weight room. They only used the turf strech (about 40m) and a few hurdles. And all they did was jump over them.

Not like a hurdle hop to work on explosive strength, like gymnastic jumping and flipping over them. It was really entertaining to watch. Also no small feat of strength/power in a different sort of way, so no big deal.

[quote]dday wrote:
This guy came into the gym one time, he goes over to the curl rack and puts a bunch of weight on the bar, puts the bar behind his neck, kind of on his shoulders, walks out a few feet and proceeds to bend down like he’s sitting on a chair?

I haven’t seen anything like this before or since, it was hilarious. It was all I could do to finish my tricep kick backs I was laughing so hard.[/quote]

That’s pretty dangerous. If you see it again you should encourage the guy to put a foam pad on the bar to protect the neck.

I’ve seen guys at my gym bend over and lift bars loaded with weights off the ground. Sometimes there is like 2 or 3 or more 45 lb plates on either side.

I just know they are going to ruin their backs. They bend over, grab the bar with both hands, then in one motion stand up. It hurts my back just to watch this.

I hurt my back playing kickball in the sixth grade so I don’t like to lift anything that may aggravate that injury.

[quote]jchenky wrote:
i have this girl who comes into the gym and she straddles the decline ab bench. she then proceeds to slam her ass into the bench probably about 20 times. then does something else and then comes back and does it again. Its so bizarre and it makes the LOUDEST noise.[/quote]

Post pics. I mean, if she’s hot. If not, then post pics of you.

Or both.

no she is not hot. you are privileged and can see pics on my profile! :wink:

I jerk it in the squat rack. Hardcore.