It was recommended to me that I should post the following here rather than the beginners thread, so here goes:
I'd really like some help from some sciencey/medically folks, I'm pretty concerned about this. I've been on the Stronglifts 5x5 for about 2 months now, but only training it twice a week and playing 5 aside one evening.
I'm up to 165 pounds (5x5), but only weigh 155, so a fair amount for me personally. After my last session on Monday, during which I got a bit, but not unberable amounts, of pain in my right knee. Today (Tuesday), both my knees feel...weird. They're NOT hurting, but the way they feel is making me squirm... It's kinda like nails on a blackboard, or kinda like teeth grinding. I don't know how to describe a fairly intense feeling that does not hurt. I just feel squirmish in the knee. Urgh. Does this make any sense? Has anyone else had this?
I have no fluid (phew) in the knee, but I am getting a lot of clicking when I fully extend it, and I've got the strange urge to try to click it.
1. What is this and should I be concerned?
2. What should I do about it?
3. My feet naturally stick out a bit (rather than being straight and paralell with each other) - should I get my knees to follow this path? Surley this is better than them ending up inside the line of my big toe?
4. Should I try to keep my feet straight (which ffeels uncomfortable in the knee and stops me going low, too)
5. I've today bought some knee strap things. These have small holes in where the knee actually is to allow full movement. Is this right, or should I get the kind without holes?
6. My next session is Friday... Can I still add on the regular 2.5KG? I'm on a tight schedule becuase I want to 5x5 250lbs by crimbo so I can do a 1 rep 300lbs....
Thanks a lot in advance guys, I'd really appreciate some advice here,