Weird DL Occurance

I was at the gym yesterday and it was 10x3 for deadlifts day. I loaded up the bar after warming up and proceeded into my first set. It was very hard. As were the next 8 sets. But then… for some odd reason… I got a burst of energy on my last set and just didnt stop at three… I rep’d out 6 of them. Could there be any explination to this or has anyone else ever had this happen?

I follow the S2B guidelines and have a pre, peri, and post-workout 2:1 carb to protein drink. I also have breakfast about an hour before training. Cup of dry oats, two peices of fruit, scoop of whey, and half a cup of egg whites. I put all this in a blender to make a smoothie. Should I be waiting a little longer than an hour after breakfast to hit the gym so my food can fully digest? Thanks for your time.

J.P.

bump

Because it is the “last” set I’ve noticed you can sometimes get a mental boost and push more… because you know you don’t need to keep anything in reserve for the next sets.

Use it to adjust your mindset a bit, in terms of what you are capable of forcing out (hopefully with decent form - especially for deads) when you thought you were already tired.

That’s all fine and dandy, Vroom, but I think it was just a miracle. Damn, you skeptic guys just don’t see the truth for what it really is, do ya?

[quote]Miserere wrote:
That’s all fine and dandy, Vroom, but I think it was just a miracle. Damn, you skeptic guys just don’t see the truth for what it really is, do ya?[/quote]

LOL, funniest thing i have read on this site, n1

allrighty then

Food wise, I’ve always tried to wait an hour, hour and a half before hitting a workout. The reason is that food can make you drowsy, but conversely you want some food being processed while you workout as kind of pre/peri workout nutrition.

That MIGHT be the reason of your boost, but I think the psychological factor is significant as well.

Edit: also, too much food can result in puke, so be wary of that.