Weird Christmas Cheat Day Experience

I have been trying to lean down for about 8 months, almost down to 10% from 22%. I decided that for the 24 and 25 I would not worry about what I was eating and I noticed that when I eat garbage I almost inhale it and don’t even bother enjoying all of the crap that I used to love.

So I have decided to not even bother with the cheat food. I am happy with that but at the same time I am a little sad… haha mostly cause it is driving my mom nuts that I wont eat any of her baking…

I ate a lot of good food today and drank a hefty amount of delicious beer.

I commend your dedication, though.

Mmmmmm… beer. I should have… but I didn’t. Oh regrets!

yea man, I feel your pain. I usually eat pretty well but my one day of the year to really go crazy and eat whatever the fuck I want is Thanksgiving. this year was the first time meeting my girlfriends extended family so I didn’t want to look like some gluttonous psycho scarfing down 4 plates of stuffing and an entire pumpkin pie like the year prior. It was hard for me but hey… there is always next year and I’m sure when you walk into your moms house at a shredded up 8% next year you’ll have earned those cookies.

[quote]srjensen wrote:
I have been trying to lean down for about 8 months, almost down to 10% from 22%. I decided that for the 24 and 25 I would not worry about what I was eating and I noticed that when I eat garbage I almost inhale it and don’t even bother enjoying all of the crap that I used to love.

So I have decided to not even bother with the cheat food. I am happy with that but at the same time I am a little sad… haha mostly cause it is driving my mom nuts that I wont eat any of her baking…[/quote]

AMAZING results! Pretty much exactly what I am aiming for with similar goals and everything. What approach did you use?

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]srjensen wrote:

So I have decided to not even bother with the cheat food. I am happy with that but at the same time I am a little sad… haha mostly cause it is driving my mom nuts that I wont eat any of her baking…[/quote]

AMAZING results! Pretty much exactly what I am aiming for with similar goals and everything. What approach did you use?[/quote]

I started with a bastardized version of the V-Diet and after a month I started just keeping carbs below 100g per day. I was doing just a 5x5 type full body workout until about July when I started 5/3/1. Lots of walks in the morning… The hardest part was when the scale stopped moving or when I would lose a few pounds on a lift.

I got over the scale, as I could see in the mirror that my body comp was improving but the loss of strength was hard to bear, even though it is more mental than anything, all that is really happening is I am hitting my first plateau with 5/3/1. I have been stuck at 12% for the last month however and I am really needing to see some progress or shake something up. I am planning on adding some complexes and fasted cardio…

go to drclay.com and get his free ebook and read about carb cycling.