T Nation

Weird Bicep Growth?

Quick question. Does anyone know why my right bicep would be skinnier at the base then my left bicep? My right bicep is of equal strength compared to my left bicep. If it’s normal then I wont worry about it. But it’s driving me crazy.

Are there any exercises I can do to grow the inside base of my biceps? Thanks for any suggestions I get.

Cheers.

(By base I mean near the elbow.)

[quote]patrickk wrote:
Quick question. Does anyone know why my right bicep would be skinnier at the base then my left bicep? My right bicep is of equal strength compared to my left bicep. If it’s normal then I wont worry about it. But it’s driving me crazy.

Are there any exercises I can do to grow the inside base of my biceps? Thanks for any suggestions I get.[/quote]

The majority of people have noticeable difference between their left and right arms/legs (see above, even Arnie’s biceps weren’t identical). It’s a normal thing.

Especially since the strength is the same, I wouldn’t stress out over it. Make sure you include supinated (“regular,” palms up), pronated (reverse, palms down), and neutral (hammer grip) curl variations along throughout your programs, and you’ll be set.