T Nation

Weird Ass Testosterone Booster

Hey guys whats up?

Heres the deal, I am 21 years old, and now I am in a very strict diet and routine so I can rip.

My diet is a zero carb, High Protein and of course an inteligent us of EFA’s…, i have 12 days so far and i have lost 3.5 % of my body fat, lost weight, but my messures are the same

The thing is that a lot of times a feel really dull and tired, i know by a fact that is because of the carbs im not ingesting, and so i started concidering a natural T booster to see if it helps me out a bit, maybe Biotest’s Tribex, but the thing is before I spend that money I want to know if this suplement I have in my house works.

It has the following ingredients:

Maca…100mg
Yohimbe extract…25mg
avena sativa…25mg
DHEA…2mg
damiana…250mg
korean ginseng…50mg
ginko biloba…100mg
outstraw…100mg
wild mexican yam…100mg
fo-ti…100mg
gotu kola…100mg
mutra puama…100mg
sarsaparilla…100mg
saw palmetto…100mg
wild oats…100mg
capsicum, cayenne…50mg
guarana…50mg
kola nut…50mg
yohimbe…300mg
liver extract…150mg
orchic extract…100mg
raw testicular…250mg
vitamins b3 50mg, b5 100mg, b6 25mg, b12 100mcg and E 666iu
bee pollem…100mg
royal jelly…50mg
octacosanol…500mg
beta sitosterol…50mg
gamma oryzanol…25mg
inosine…10mg
dimethylglycine…100mg
manganese…10mg
zin…22mg
histidine…50mg
alanine…50mg
glycine…50mg
glutamic acid…50mg
carnitine…10mg

i know all i need is some yohimbe, dhaa, avena sativa and tribulus, but this suplement has a bunch of stuff i’ve never heard of, so what would you say about it?

By the way the suplements im using are:

Low carb Grow 2 scoops 3 times a day
Bcaa
Glutamine
hot- rox + hydroxycut with ephedra
Multi vitamine caps

Thanks peeps

raw testicular…250mg

Please say this doen’t mean what I think it means

Fair bit of caffeine. I’m no expert, but it looks like a bunch of healthy stuff put together in quantities too small to make a difference. I mean, you can surely prove the health benefits of all these compounds, but taking 50mg of them isn’t gonna do jack all for you.

The shotgun approach rarely works. Besides, I doubt that the herbs in the products are worth a damn, otherwise the company wouldn’t have thrown in all the other junk.

Oh yeah, who ever said that yohimie increases T levels? I don’t think it does.

Another thing, Cy has said quite a few times not to use ephedra/ephedrine products with HOT-ROX.

[quote]Powder Toast Man wrote:
this suplement has a bunch of stuff i’ve never heard of, so what would you say about it?
[/quote]
I can’t speak to the specific dosing of this product, but many of these herbs are thought to increase sexual interest, staminia, blood vessel dialation, blood flow to the pelvic area, overall prostate health, etc.

Maca pure
Yohimbe
damiana
korean ginseng
ginko biloba
wild mexican yam
mutra puama
saw palmetto
wild oats
cayenne
yohimbe
vitamin b3 (niacin)

Recall the phrase “sowing your wild oats?” I see that have some of that thrown in here.

For those old enough to remember the “Spanish Fly” urban legend (ok, some guys swear by this), try spiking your date’s cocktail with some wild mexican yam.

About the only thing they forgot on this one was L-Arginine and Epimedium grandiflorum (aka Horny Goat Weed.)

Some of the ingredients are probably good for assisting in increasing T-levels, too!

thanks to all of you…

well i started yesterday drinking the stuff, a friend of mine who knows a lot about this kind of stuff told me to feel free to use it, yesterday I squated 7 reps 90 degreess with 315 pounds, ussually a squat 10 with 495, in my zero carb diet, i really dont belive it was because of that supplement, cuz its wayyy to early to notify results, but hey yesterday was great.

well, i had 12 days without a single gram of carbs and i lost 3.5% of my body fat, today i had some oatmeal, feels kinda weird in my system lol, but feels great in my body.

Anyways, starting today im starting a low carb diet, to keep burning my fat… so ill let you guys know how it goes.

thanks guys.

Personally, I would throw it out and buy some TRIBEX. The label looks like you bought it at Wal-Mart or GNC. The DHEA is 2 mg (typical dose is 100-200 mg), there is 25 mg of avena sativa and no tribulus, compare this to a combination of 2000 mg of both in TRIBEX. A big chunk of this is a vitamin b and e complex. The rest appears to be caffeine or crap. If it works, it is probably because of a placebo effect. Also, dump the ephedera, HOT-ROX is better without it.

A better combination would be:

HOT-ROX - 4 capsules X 2/Day.
TRIBEX - 4 capsules X 2/Day.
Methoxy-7 4 capsules X 1/Day.

Is this a bit pricey maybe, but you are getting what you are paying for and you’ll have a better chance of achieving your goal. As for feeling sluggish, your brain runs on carbs, so if you go zero do an Atkins bar or even a candy every couple of days. You are better staying at 10-20 carbs/day, you will still lose and you’ll feel better or try the T-Dawg diet:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=473067

Just my .02, good luck!

Why is a 21 year old trying to boost his T levels?

Good question ZEB…

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Why is a 21 year old trying to boost his T levels? [/quote]

Especially his endogenous T levels. A waste of money, in my opinion. Your natural T ain’t getting much higher, buddy.

RIT Jared

Your lift numbers going down are a part of dieting… we all have to deal with it. Without Pro-Hormones or AAS you will not be able to perform to the same levels on a restricted calorie and carb diet. Even with Pro Hormones or AAS you still may not be able to perform to the same level.

Keep your goal in mind -getting lean. If that is truly your goal, then no matter what pansy-ass numbers you put up in the gym, you should be happy if you are looking the way you want to look.

RIT Jared

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
As for feeling sluggish, your brain runs on carbs, so if you go zero do an Atkins bar or even a candy every couple of days. You are better staying at 10-20 carbs/day, you will still lose and you’ll feel better or try the T-Dawg diet:

[/quote]

I would say don’t eat junk carbs just to eat carbs. If you’re going to carb-up every so often, do it right. Also, the body doesn’t need carbs every couple days. Someone correct me if I’m wrong (I can’t find the reference right now) but I believe that it takes between 1-2 weeks for the body to enter a state of ketosis, so a carb-up every 5-6 days would work.

I do however agree with Road Warrior in that you should probably do a very low, but not no, carb diet. You will definitely feel better and will probably be able to perform better too.

RIT Jared

[quote]SKman wrote:
raw testicular…250mg

Please say this doen’t mean what I think it means[/quote]

My sentiments exactly, this was the first thing that jumped out at me.

What the hell?

DHEA? doesnt that aromatise? i dont think you need that at your age especially.

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
As for feeling sluggish, your brain runs on carbs, so if you go zero do an Atkins bar or even a candy every couple of days. You are better staying at 10-20 carbs/day, you will still lose and you’ll feel better or try the T-Dawg diet:

I would say don’t eat junk carbs just to eat carbs. If you’re going to carb-up every so often, do it right. Also, the body doesn’t need carbs every couple days. Someone correct me if I’m wrong (I can’t find the reference right now) but I believe that it takes between 1-2 weeks for the body to enter a state of ketosis, so a carb-up every 5-6 days would work.

I do however agree with Road Warrior in that you should probably do a very low, but not no, carb diet. You will definitely feel better and will probably be able to perform better too.

RIT Jared
[/quote]

I am not saying to eat junk carbs just to eat carbs. I was averaging about 5 carbs a day for a while. At certain points after days on end with 0-5 carbs, I was getting real low on blood sugar and would get a little strange without eating something high in sugar. I would be alright for another week or so after that. Maybe its just me.

i’ve heard your body can forget how to digest carbs and when you go back to eating em you body says “what the hell are these? oh well i’ll store em around your gut till i figure out what to do with em” i’d be careful with that lest u wanna look like a McDonalds patron.

bet ur takin like 30-60 minute shits every morning aint ya? (fiber = carbs) getting in some good reading? hehe

ha ha,bee pollen and royal jelly…thats just dried honey…which is basically bee spit and flower cum

If you aren’t getting fibre you can get supplements for that. Psyllium husks are fairly cheap I think.

For timing, if I recall correctly, I could drop into ketosis over the course of a friday and the weekend – so that I’d be over the grouchy no energy feeling before having to go to work on monday.

I haven’t bothered with the whole ketosis thing since I found this site though. I’m no longer as willing to sacrifice muscle for fat loss as I once was. I’m also not as fat.