T Nation

Weightlifting T-Kid

Anyone else see this yet? How bad ass is this kid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/Video-Five-year-old-Romanian-weighlifter-become?urn=top,198525

Some of the posts below the video are talking shit about stunted growth, this being unhealthy, no childhood, blah blah blah. I don’t know of any factual science to support the stunted growth theory or this being unhealthy at his age, and as far as the no childhood comments and bad father comments, I’d figure this kid is more likely to have a healthy self esteem by the time he hits high school just from being so strong and healthy. Then there is the comment from one suggesting this kid might beet up other kids in school. Fucking ridiculous assumption.

Oh gawd does anybody look around first before they make a new thread…

Totally unhealthy !!! Feed this kid some twinkies and MacDonald’s, sit him in front of a television for 6 hours a day and give him a PSP. Now THAT’S what I call good parenting and a “normal” childhood. That exercise stuff is dangerous, dontcha know !!!

I don’t know about him being unhealthy, it seems to me like he’s a little kid into gymnastics.

There was ONE clip of him doing bicep curls … SOUND THE ALARM THAT’S CHILD ABUSE.

Personally, I think the kid has a gift for gymnastics and seems to enjoy it from what I saw in the video, so how is he not having a childhood? He gets to be great at something he seems to love … from what I remember about my childhood, that’s what it was all about … doing what you like to do and being good at it.

So, in closing, Cornbread. Ain’t nuttin wrong with dat. And no matter what a stripper tells you, there is no sex in the champagne room. None. Oh, there’s champagne in the champagne room, but you don’t want champagne, you want sex. And there is no sex in the champagne room.

^ Agree with above, he’s great at gymnastics and happens to throw some barbell curls in there, “oh noes!”

He’s already got a great talent he’s 5 years old, more then can be said for most 15 year old kids who do absolutely nothing. He clearly enjoys it too.