Weightlifting Songs?

Over excited? Yeah I guess I see what you mean, this is why I try to have my hardest, most exciting shit between songs 3-8, the tough part of the work out. Also, just dont turn it all the way up, when you start to get tired too ealry, bump up the volume a notch, works for me. Haha, the things we do to progress…

[quote]Matgic wrote:
Hey Ghost22,

Good choice on “Whatshername.” The rest of the new Greenday ablum is quite awesome as well.

Sometimes, listening to heavy metal or heavy rap over excites me and ends up just tiring me out early. Sometimes, I prefer to listen to slower stuff that kinda stirs me emotionally, as fruity as that sounds.

-MAtt[/quote]

Oh shit, I just read my post again, I am mising some small words here and there…got too excited…I meant to say I am going to train like a fucking Animal tonight, I am not fucking an animal…thats tomorrow.

A

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Same here, a couple on my playlist…

Ultimate intro - AC/DC Thunderstruck - live version

Welcome to the Jungle - GNR
Master - Metallica

Since you like Disturbed - Stupify is a good one as well

As soon as I turn my playlist, I get an adrenaline pump and I just walking from the locker room to the dungeon and it is ready for war. Chest day, only 3 more hours, I am going to a fucking Animal tonight!

Ghost22 wrote:
I a man that loves the intro too. I base a lot of my song selections on if the beginning starts well.

I like clicking through my iPod and finding my song and lifting to it. I dont’ like waiting 2 minutes for the “good part.”

Clean my wounds-Corrosion of Conformity
Superhero-Bane
Scum of the Earth-Rob Zombie
Mudshovel-Staind

They’re all still heavy and rock but I think some of them would fall closer to things like Disturbed.

Korn’s got some great songs, and there’s always stuff like Rammstein’s “Du Hast”.

For a lighter set of songs I like:

In the Middle–Jimmy Eat World
All the Small things–Blink 182
Whatsername–Green Day
Remember the Name-Fort Minor

My 2 lbs.

[/quote]

The first four on my playlist, that get the day started right:

Ice Cube - Pushin’ Weight
P. Diddy - Come to Me (Godzilla remix)
Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot
Limp Bizkit - Nookie

for some catchy metal i love the whole album by Soilwork - Figure Number Five, there is some screaming i guess but nothing compared to their older stuff, gets very catchy and pop in alot of them,

another favourite of mine for lifting is Fear Factory - Digimortal they fuckin rock

oh and megadeth i love that shit, one of their best and probly catchiest albums is Countdown to Extinction

Disturbed…enough said

Macho Man by the Village People.

Rob Zombie.

Tool- Schism (many others are good as well, but for some reason this one worked for me best)

DROWNING POOL - Sinner (2001)

(caps intentional)

The whole CD kicks ass but song “Pity” REALLY gets me going.

Alice in Chains

Ace,

The tune that’s sure to get me through a big set or an interval of skipping rope is the live version of “Hero of the Day” by Metallica and the SF Symphony Orchestra. Tops on my Ipod’s “most played” list.

And I’m a sucker for 80’s Hair Metal-
Crue especially.

Bodies. Drowning pool. In the car driving to the gym. Every time without fail.

Starting workout. Prodigy. Breathe. Smack my bitch up. Firestarter.

While in workout, Korn, Disturbed, Powerman 5000, Papa Roach etc…

Finishing. Lil Jon Stop fucking with me. Fort Minor Remember the name. Linkin Park. Anything to keep the energy up.

Any Rage, Godsmack, Metallica, and Pantera.
Also any DMX. “We Go Hard” w/ Cam’Ron, Where the Hood At, Rob All Night are some good ones.

[quote]4est wrote:
DROWNING POOL - Sinner (2001)

(caps intentional)

The whole CD kicks ass.[/quote]

I second the entire Sinner CD.

Dead Souls by Nine Inch Nails is on my workout playlist, as well. The drums, bass, and guitar kick major ass. Although, I could really do without the vocals most days.

Edit: Oh, and Switch 625 by Def Leppard is a rockin’ little instrumental piece.

Separate Ways by Journey
Africa by Toto
Laura Li by Styx
anything by Air Supply

Ok, not really. I listen to a lot of Ministry, Nitzer Ebb, Metallica, Front 242, NIN, Primus.

Hey, I was in HS in the mid 80s.

-folly

[quote]Stigg. wrote:
Macho Man by the Village People.

[/quote]

band: corrosion to conformity, track: vote with a bullet

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
pedestrianhobo wrote:
any song by Flogging Molly always puts a smile on my face during a workout. Good way to get some more energy and power through the rest of my workout.

I’d try “What’s left of the flag” and “Drunken Lullabies”.

These songs make me want to drink, not lift ;)[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Get to see them this weekend :slight_smile:

for some reason the mortal kombat theme song pumps me up

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Same here, a couple on my playlist…

Ultimate intro - AC/DC Thunderstruck - live version

Welcome to the Jungle - GNR
Master - Metallica

Since you like Disturbed - Stupify is a good one as well

As soon as I turn my playlist, I get an adrenaline pump and I just walking from the locker room to the dungeon and it is ready for war. Chest day, only 3 more hours, I am going to a fucking Animal tonight!

[/quote]

I feel what you’re saying AA. If I listen to music that pumps me up loudly for an hour or more I just start to get over psyched. Sometimes, I even turn off the music in between sets, so that I can focus and relax and right before I jump back in I crank it up.

It’s like caffiene use for me. I basically never consumer caffiene (other than diet sodas) except before I train. I like to feel what it’s like without it so I can distinguish and really feel the difference when I’m training.

-MAtt

Hmm…

“Smash” by The Offspring is a pretty good one (this is lke a 12-13 yr-old song, so I’m showing my age, but this is when The Offspring still had one nut left).

If you hand pick them, Queen put out quite a few good songs with a holier-than-thou, I-will kick-your-ass feel to them. Two right off the top of my head are “I Want it All”, and “Gimme the Prize” (It’s a Kind of Magic- Highlander Original Motion Picture Soundtrack).

Thinking randomly (even though this is off your topic), “Final Approach to Danger” (Niggaz4life) by NWA is a pretty psychopathic, adrenaline-inducer. Oh, and “Get Back” by Ludacris is pretty damn good, too.