Weightlifting Songs?

Weightlifting songs that arent just people screaming loudly?

Like the topic says im looking for good songs to get me pumped for a heavy lift. I know there are 800000000 threads about weightlifting music but I downloaded some of the suggestions and the guys screaming at the top of their lungs and making growling noises doesnt exactly do it for me. (not knocking that type of music…it just isnt my bag). Songs that I DO like and am looking for similar kinds of music are:

CKY - 99 quite bitter beings (the beginning music is what makes this song for me)

Seether - Remedy

Disturbed - Down with the sickness

I guess I want some hard rock that is a little more…catchy? Or if it has a nice intro that gets the adrenaline going…hope that was clear enough. Gracias!

Judas Priest - “Painkiller”. Rob Halford does scream like his balls are being smashed, but the freakin’ guitar and drums are pounding. To me, it the epitome of Heavy Metal. Plus it’s like 10 minutes long. I’m ready to kick the crap out of the weights once it comes on.

Dope - “Die, MF, Die” I always think about Bin Laden and Saddam when I hear it. Serious Moto.

Drowning Pool - “Step Up” and “Bodies”. Again, lots of good “kill terrorist” moto here. Catchy tunes as well.

any song by Flogging Molly always puts a smile on my face during a workout. Good way to get some more energy and power through the rest of my workout.

I’d try “What’s left of the flag” and “Drunken Lullabies”.

I a man that loves the intro too. I base a lot of my song selections on if the beginning starts well.

I like clicking through my iPod and finding my song and lifting to it. I dont’ like waiting 2 minutes for the “good part.”

Clean my wounds-Corrosion of Conformity
Superhero-Bane
Scum of the Earth-Rob Zombie
Mudshovel-Staind

They’re all still heavy and rock but I think some of them would fall closer to things like Disturbed.

Korn’s got some great songs, and there’s always stuff like Rammstein’s “Du Hast”.

For a lighter set of songs I like:

In the Middle–Jimmy Eat World
All the Small things–Blink 182
Whatsername–Green Day
Remember the Name-Fort Minor

My 2 lbs.

Hey Ghost22,

Good choice on “Whatshername.” The rest of the new Greenday ablum is quite awesome as well.

Sometimes, listening to heavy metal or heavy rap over excites me and ends up just tiring me out early. Sometimes, I prefer to listen to slower stuff that kinda stirs me emotionally, as fruity as that sounds.

-MAtt

[quote]Matgic wrote:
Sometimes, listening to heavy metal or heavy rap over excites me and ends up just tiring me out early. Sometimes, I prefer to listen to slower stuff that kinda stirs me emotionally, as fruity as that sounds.

-MAtt[/quote]

That’s exactly why I like Whatsername, it stirs feelings from a particular part of my life.

Cool stuff, guys and gals.

I remember reading once that Henry Rollins listens to mostly ballads when he lifts.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Matgic wrote:

-MAtt

That’s exactly why I like Whatsername, it stirs feelings from a particular part of my life.

Cool stuff, guys and gals.

I remember reading once that Henry Rollins listens to mostly ballads when he lifts. [/quote]

No way! Say it isn’t so.

I sing my own songs while I work out.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:

I remember reading once that Henry Rollins listens to mostly ballads when he lifts.

No way! Say it isn’t so.

[/quote]

Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it.

godsmack’s i stand alone.

[quote]pedestrianhobo wrote:
any song by Flogging Molly always puts a smile on my face during a workout. Good way to get some more energy and power through the rest of my workout.

I’d try “What’s left of the flag” and “Drunken Lullabies”.[/quote]

These songs make me want to drink, not lift :wink:

Lesley Gore

Sunshine lollipops and rainbows.

I agree with whoever said Korn. I’d also throw in a few hard Zeppelin songs. Black Sabbath can’t be beat if you’re looking for catchy hard stuff. Add just about anything Iron Maiden, and you’re pretty much set.

Slayer: The entire God Hates Us All album. And Rollins too.

[quote]alstan90 wrote:
I sing my own songs while I work out.[/quote]

haha!

Some Sabbath always works…

Also, AC/DC, Van Halen, Rage Against the Machine, and ok sorry for it but, Creed. the earlier stuff was pretty catchy and heavy, got me thru some leg days!

Or, some drum and bass stuff so youre not distracted by the lyrics if you just wanna zone out…

I’m personally fond of this little diddy…http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1064976

Most def

[quote]MANONFYA wrote:
godsmack’s i stand alone.[/quote]

Same here, a couple on my playlist…

Ultimate intro - AC/DC Thunderstruck - live version

Welcome to the Jungle - GNR
Master - Metallica

Since you like Disturbed - Stupify is a good one as well

As soon as I turn my playlist, I get an adrenaline pump and I just walking from the locker room to the dungeon and it is ready for war. Chest day, only 3 more hours, I am going to a fucking Animal tonight!

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
I a man that loves the intro too. I base a lot of my song selections on if the beginning starts well.

I like clicking through my iPod and finding my song and lifting to it. I dont’ like waiting 2 minutes for the “good part.”

Clean my wounds-Corrosion of Conformity
Superhero-Bane
Scum of the Earth-Rob Zombie
Mudshovel-Staind

They’re all still heavy and rock but I think some of them would fall closer to things like Disturbed.

Korn’s got some great songs, and there’s always stuff like Rammstein’s “Du Hast”.

For a lighter set of songs I like:

In the Middle–Jimmy Eat World
All the Small things–Blink 182
Whatsername–Green Day
Remember the Name-Fort Minor

My 2 lbs.

[/quote]

Til I collapse, Eminem.

The remix with 50 cent is even better.