Weightlifting Shoes in San Diego Area?

Hello All:

Does anybody know of a store that sells weightlifting shoes in the San Diego area (will be visiting next month)? I would like to see how they fit and feel before buying.

Thanks

No, there are no stores where you can try on weightlifting shoes before buying. You have to buy them online, and if they don’t fit, send them back for a different size. Sorry!!

Yea, they’re still a “fringe” sport item. I have seen AdiPower Wl in a few select stores. You might try checking http://wlshoes.com before you buy to get ideas on sizing and such.

I know they sell them at Cal-strenght and u can try them out at San Ramon, I haven’t got the first clue as to how far that is from San Diego though, as I live in Holland. But it’s prolly a long way away even if its in the same state, America’s huge compared to Holland ;p.

[quote]MrX wrote:
Hello All:

Does anybody know of a store that sells weightlifting shoes in the San Diego area (will be visiting next month)? I would like to see how they fit and feel before buying.

Thanks[/quote]
I just ordered the cheapest pair of Adidas weightlifting shoes from Eastbay and it cost like 100 something dollars (think it was 720 SEK) but the damn Swedish govt tacked on 250 more kronor. So try and find a place there if at all possible.

[quote]americaninsweden wrote:

[quote]MrX wrote:
Hello All:

Thanks[/quote]
I just ordered the cheapest pair of Adidas weightlifting shoes from Eastbay and it cost like 100 something dollars (think it was 720 SEK) but the damn Swedish govt tacked on 250 more kronor. So try and find a place there if at all possible. [/quote]

Have you got a link? I could only find the adipower which are like 200dollars?

[quote]Kyle09 wrote:
I know they sell them at Cal-strenght and u can try them out at San Ramon, I haven’t got the first clue as to how far that is from San Diego though, as I live in Holland. But it’s prolly a long way away even if its in the same state, America’s huge compared to Holland ;p.[/quote]

It’s around 500 miles. it’s a do-able commute…if you own a Lear jet. :wink:

Pendlay’s sizing is pretty accurate, so if you know your shoe size to begin with, it’s very likely that they’ll fit even if you can’t try them on first.

i took a half size under what I normaly use (US size) Adidas 100$

I literally bought them less than a month ago but the link seems to be missing or maybe they have stopped selling them? I am not sure, sorry about that. If you do find them on eastbay look at their coupon section they always have some deal going on. Good luck!

The cheap adidas version are “true to size” I wear a 14 (US sizing) in all my shoes and the weightlifting shoes fit the exact same as my normal Adidas shoes, so don’t worry too much about size.

Thanks for the info, everybody. I ended up ordering through Dynamic Fitness since they have the older Adidas models on sale right now. I went with my normal shoe size as has been recommended so hopefully they fit just fine. The shoes were shipped to a family member who I will see on my trip, and they have arrived already. I’m looking forward to training in them very soon.