T Nation

Weightlifting and Steroids

Im 28, 6' 190lbs and I have been lifting weights regularly the last 8 years. Last year I got into crossfit. I left my crossfit gym to work with an Olympic lifting coach I befriended at my gym to increase my strength and improve my form so that I may go back to crossfit with less chance of injury and a better ability to compete. I have wanted to do steroids for some time now but haven't found any yet.

I have read many of the beginner articles on doing a first cycle which I believe sounds good with the 250 mg of Test Enth twice a week for 12 weeks with clomid during the pct for 4 weeks. Im wondering if this basic cycle sounds good to most for increasing strength and power? I am not as worried about my physique as much as I am my strength gains. I have a solid diet and training regiment.

Also will I need to increase my calories when I begin to help with the strength gains or will I be fine since Im not trying to bulk necessarily (although I don't mind any weight gain)? Like I said, I haven't even found a supplier yet but am curious to hear peoples thoughts about what may work best for my goals and if the basic beginner cycles I have read about would be sufficient.. Thanks for any info

I think it’s a perfect place to start. run arimidex with it at .25mg/EOD, and use nolva instead of clomid for pct. 20mg ED for 4-6 weeks.

as for calories, I would probably increase them. There’s a pretty good chance you’ll reduce bodyfat even in a caloric surplus, so you want to make sure you’re eating enough to support maximal strength gains. If at some point during the cycle you feel like you’ve added too much bodyweight, you can always adjust your diet as you see fit for your goals.

Good information… Thank you sir. So test enth is good then? And should I take them via injectables? I’ve never administered any injections to myself before so it does make me a little nervous.

[quote]awwbball05 wrote:
Good information… Thank you sir. So test enth is good then? And should I take them via injectables? I’ve never administered any injections to myself before so it does make me a little nervous. [/quote]

oral test E is fine

Would I need some sort of liver support for the oral? Would the dosage still be the same for oral as well?

[quote]awwbball05 wrote:
Would I need some sort of liver support for the oral? Would the dosage still be the same for oral as well?[/quote]

Depends. Do you get the runs from fat consumption? Some guys get diarrhea. Logic tells me weightlifters will get the explosive version of it. That’s not good for performance.

Haha no but that would be bad… So I did find a source but it is Test Cyp instead in Enth… Does that change anything in the cycle?

Cyp, Enth - pretty much the same. 1/2 days difference in halflife. I believe with these esters you should wait 2 weeks after your last pin to start PCT

So start the Nolva at week 14 after a 12 week cycle? Should I continue the arimidex right up until the Nolva?

correct.

• EDIT, because of long half-life esters it’ll take time for them to clear your system.

Do I need any HCG? Or will I be fine without it?

[quote]awwbball05 wrote:
Would I need some sort of liver support for the oral? Would the dosage still be the same for oral as well?[/quote]

Are you going oral or injections? I’m a noob but did some research on oral test. If you are using oral test methyltestosterone, that stuff is super harsh on the body because it is highly androgenic. Stuff is very harsh on the liver. The half life is about 6-9 hours so not only would you be taking pills every day, you’re probably going to want to split your dosage and spread it out during the day so your test levels stay even. You probably shouldn’t run an oral cycle past 8 weeks either. As far as liver support, you can take milk thistle daily throughout. Usng adex throught should help with the sides as well since the oral test is much harsher than a cycl of oil. If you are using oral test undeconoate, it’s gel caps as opposed to powder in a capsule form. It’s supposed to be less harsh on the body.

Again, I’m a noob myself but oral test sounds like a bad route if you have the option to inject. Injecting is a piece of cake and has better results with less damage to your body. In fact I also read that because oral test is more androgenic than anabolic, you won’t really get much muscle gain. What you get is basically a fast acting energy pill. You’ll get gains but from the aggression you get feom popping fast acting pills but not really long term muscle gains.

Someone with more experience can correct me if I messed up any part of this post.

There is NO SUCH THING AS ORAL TEST E.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
There is NO SUCH THING AS ORAL TEST E. [/quote]

I thought about pointing this out. But Walkway’s comment was so subtle, I just figured I’d roll with it until someone else did. I enjoyed the ride.

and btw, every time I look at my current avatar, I chuckle. So thanks again for that.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
and btw, every time I look at my current avatar, I chuckle. So thanks again for that.[/quote]

Haha no problem. That is one epic picture lol.

Yeah so obviously its injectable and what I found was Test Cyp… So if I take it with the arimidex would I still need any HCG?

[quote]awwbball05 wrote:
Yeah so obviously its injectable and what I found was Test Cyp… So if I take it with the arimidex would I still need any HCG?[/quote]

Why would taking adex cancel out the need for HCG? Seriously man, you should do more research before starting a cycle. If something fucks up, how will you deal with it without such basic knowledge.

You do understand that you’re playing with your balls right?

What are you snatch, clean and jerk, and squat at right now? also your bodyweight. I’m a weightlifter and I just finished my cycle of test cyp+dbol, and im 2 weeks into pct with nolva. All my lifts went up around 25% from the cycle, and i moved up a weight class. I’m still getting PRs in my lifts, but squat has stalled.

I wouldn’t recommend doing a cycle until you are able to at least snatch and clean and jerk a decent amount of weight. I don’t know what your program is like, but you want to make best use of the sauce, and if you only clean and jerk 130kg on your best day but you best front squat is 180kg, then those clean and jerks aren’t really pushing your muscles strength wise. Hope that makes sense, just my opinion.

tldr: your technique needs to be good enough that the weights you use for snatch and clean and jerk push your body physically before hitting the joose for weightlifting

That being said, being on was great for weightlifting. You know how some days you feel great and are really feeling a PR. For me, every day was like that during my cycle