Weightlifting and Insecure Friends

OP-

Just stick it in his pooper to establish your dominance and relieve the sexual tension between you two.

He does not sound like much of a friend, more like a buffoon.

His insecurity shows through in his dumbass comments.

Just ignore him where possible. He’ll piss off the wrong person soon enough = problem solved

x2 on ditching this friend. I had one like that once and one of the best things I ever did in my life was break off contact with them. I can’t think of one person since then I’ve met who acts like that, its not a common trait so don’t think its something you need to put up with with any group of friends.

I had this happen just once, years ago, and I proved him wrong.

I can’t say I ever got much shit from people I actually called friends. They might make a joke or two about protein shakes, but that’s it. They have actually been pretty supportive.

I think a lot of young guys can’t tell who their friends really are yet.

I’ve learned you figure that out real quick later on once real life hits and bills need to be paid.

I would also say that for most guys under 25, the people around you are likely there because they get something from you…they aren’t “die hard friends”. Your real friends are the ones you may not see in ten years but would buy a plane ticket to help you if you needed it.

My friends are supportive of my goals. If they weren’t, they wouldn’t be my friends.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Have you considered the words “come at me bro!” ?

In all seriousness… how good of a ‘friend’ is this? I don’t interact with people that consistently bring negaticity into my life. Not enough hours in the day for that bullshit.[/quote]

x2. end thread.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I can’t say I ever got much shit from people I actually called friends. They might make a joke or two about protein shakes, but that’s it. They have actually been pretty supportive.

I’ve learned you figure that out real quick later on once real life hits and bills need to be paid.

I would also say that for most guys under 25, the people around you are likely there because they get something from you…they aren’t “die hard friends”. Your real friends are the ones you may not see in ten years but would buy a plane ticket to help you if you needed it.[/quote]

X2. I have one, maybe two people that I consider true friends.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

I would also say that for most guys under 25, the people around you are likely there because they get something from you…they aren’t “die hard friends”. Your real friends are the ones you may not see in ten years but would buy a plane ticket to help you if you needed it.[/quote]

X2. I have one, maybe two people that I consider true friends.[/quote]

Ditto.

Yep, agreed. I think I have one or two real friends at most. Maybe two more, but they are on the edge.

Around three years ago I learned that I didn’t have to blindly accept how some people were because they are my friends. It seems that it must be this way, but, I can’t accept it anymore.

I had issues with who I considered my best friend and it killed our friendship, but it was for the best. He loved to humilliate his girlfriend, Polish, in front of us (rest of the crew) with nazi/anti-Polish jokes, mocking her taste in everything, etc. She had as much personality as a doormat and big issues due to language.

I had empathy with her because she reminded me of my mother (also a foreigner, no friends due to language for years, etc.) so I sided her a few times. He went mad for this, but well, I stood for what I thought it was right.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

X2. I have one, maybe two people that I consider true friends.[/quote]

Ditto.

[/quote]

I’m lucky in that I know I have at least 2 and maybe 3. I say 2 for sure because they’ve proven it. I would help them (and have) and it wouldn’t be to get something in return. It would be because when I really needed them, they weren’t there for a hand out. They were there because we were boys and were going to stay that way.

Your real friends don’t make fun of your goals. They are the ones who take off from work to see you graduate.

They are the ones who know what you are working for and cheer you on.

the people talking about you are just acquaintances…and those types have way less power in your life the older you get.

My advice would be to focus on the die hard friends and keep them. That shit is invaluable later in life.

The others will just pull you down.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

In all seriousness… how good of a ‘friend’ is this? I don’t interact with people that consistently bring negaticity into my life. Not enough hours in the day for that bullshit.[/quote]

Off topic (and also to be filed under “not that you care”), but I’m not a huge fan of your new avatar.

You’re a pretty girl and very fit. You’re also smart. This picture (while still flatering) is kind of trailery.

(Not that there is anything wrong with living in a trailer.)

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

Off topic (and also to be filed under “not that you care”), but I’m not a huge fan of your new avatar.

You’re a pretty girl and very fit. You’re also smart. This picture (while still flatering) is kind of trailery.

(Not that there is anything wrong with living in a trailer.)[/quote]

LOL!

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

Yeah fuck all that noise.

OP, punch him in the face and tell him to take it or gtfo.

[quote]adam350 wrote:
There’s also the times when your friends bring up how “big” they used to be.[/quote]
Yeah and I ask them to show me their “Stretch Marks”

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

(Not that there is anything wrong with living in a trailer.)[/quote]

Hey, thanks for your input! Trailer is exacto what I was going for with this one.

Avatar subject to change shortly and of course Wonder Woman will be making an appearance.

TBH,I try not to talk about it but people seem to bring it up. Ill never feel like im ever big enough to say im an expert on the subject. Ill do what I can to help people out if they got a question but thats as far as Ill go. Im very shy about the subject outside of the internet.

[quote]24Animal7 wrote:
But yet he keeps on insisting he could beat me up in a fight haha.

We’re just playing but he always saying things like, “I could take you down, I need to workout today, I havent worked out in a few days, your not so tough” [/quote]

I had a friend who did this, told me 'you’ve never been in a real fight, i always fight when im out drinkin i could kick ur ass. And again i outweighed him by about 80lbs. After several hours taunting me i explained over and over to him i’d been training kickboxing and mma for 6 months twice a week, being in fights and training to fight are 2 completely different things . I had 2 pairs of gloves in the trunk of my car and told him to prove it. We went onto the sidewalk and had it out.

After him swinging and missing about 40 times, (i had my arms by my side and i was just duckin and weavin) i decided to hit him back. Couple of jabs later and a heavy left hook he fell over, took off the gloves and and stormed off. Long story short, kick hiss ass and he’ll never give you shit again.

FWIW he is a good friend, but when he drinks he turns into a bit of an ass, and fights/argues with everyone. He’s the kid of guy who mouths off but at the same time would have your back the whole time.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]24Animal7 wrote:
But yet he keeps on insisting he could beat me up in a fight haha.

We’re just playing but he always saying things like, “I could take you down, I need to workout today, I havent worked out in a few days, your not so tough” [/quote]

I had a friend who did this, told me 'you’ve never been in a real fight, i always fight when im out drinkin i could kick ur ass. And again i outweighed him by about 80lbs. After several hours taunting me i explained over and over to him i’d been training kickboxing and mma for 6 months twice a week, being in fights and training to fight are 2 completely different things . I had 2 pairs of gloves in the trunk of my car and told him to prove it. We went onto the sidewalk and had it out.

After him swinging and missing about 40 times, (i had my arms by my side and i was just duckin and weavin) i decided to hit him back. Couple of jabs later and a heavy left hook he fell over, took off the gloves and and stormed off. Long story short, kick hiss ass and he’ll never give you shit again.

[/quote]

Yes, this post.

Oh the boxing glove days. I rememember in jr. high/hs, we would box all the time. It was usually friendly competition but there were definitely matches where people too scared to actually test each other in a real fight would get a feel for one another in a backyard boxing match. This post reminds me of that.

Seriously, just punch him in the face and tell him to take it or gtfo.