Weighted Vest Question

@CT there are weighted vests that range in weights from 70lbs to 150 lbs and I was wondering what your thoughts were regarding nerve compression in the shoulders… I still think I am just going to buy the deadsquat bar in the end.

I meant this in regards to long duration conditioning with the vest.

Charles Poliquin used to use a climbing belt like they use for climbing poles for the telephone company. I’ve never used one, but have heard good things from those who have.

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
@CT there are weighted vests that range in weights from 70lbs to 150 lbs and I was wondering what your thoughts were regarding nerve compression in the shoulders… I still think I am just going to buy the deadsquat bar in the end. [/quote]

I bought one years ago. Used it maybe twice. Not because of potential risks but simply because I didn’t like it as a training tool. I would never invest in one again and would not recommend it to most.

[quote]sput79 wrote:
Charles Poliquin used to use a climbing belt like they use for climbing poles for the telephone company. I’ve never used one, but have heard good things from those who have. [/quote]

I have a vest that goes to 70 lbs. and I can add another 20 before it really begins to wear on my shoulders. Esp if I was doing long conditioning work. I use it for pull ups and dips.

I would think the combination of a vest and a belt would make sense if you were going over 100 lbs for anything like long walks etc.

Cheers and thank you all for your time :slight_smile: