Weighted Pushups

I switched to one arm pushups then I added weight so now I am up to 10 extra lbs doing sets of five. What I also found works really well isalternating between weight push up and handstand pushups.

I can do 28 reps with 35lb plate. Im trying to increase my 52rep max. I developed a program last night. Ill post results in 14 days.

[quote]Orochimaru wrote:
I switched to one arm pushups then I added weight so now I am up to 10 extra lbs doing sets of five. What I also found works really well isalternating between weight push up and handstand pushups. [/quote]

I can’t highly enough recommend weighted one-arm pushups.

You can easily almost double the weight of a push-up without much effort. Just get into the push up position but lower with only one arm and relax the other, using it as balance. So you do left, right, left, right…etc and then divide the number of reps by two. So 16 would be 8reps for each arm.

Right on, great thread guys. I did pushups on Rings yesterday for the first time and they were great.

Slide Push Ups with weight are great too… Also a rolling dumbbell push up; exercise I came up with that looks like an inverted fly in push up position, with weight are also good.

If you wanna get crazy, ask me about Bowling Ball Push Ups.

I dig the bench press.

been looking for a way to make my own rings cause they cost about $100 and i don’t have the dough for that love your improvisation and those chains will last a lifetime ,hardware store for me tomo