Weighted Pullups

Tried weighted pullups today for the 1st time (had only done BW before then), and noticed with the weight belt on, it seemed it ‘helped’ me feel it in my lats more, for whatever reason. I actually always avoided them beause I’m very arm-dominant, thinking heaver weight would just make it a arm-exercise, but it actually gave me the best lat pump I’ve had in forever. Def going to keep them for awhile…

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
^lol so your ceiling is pretty low too. I want to see a video with 90 lbs tought.[/quote]

If someone can do 25+ pullps @ 217lbs, bw+90 for 10 is very believable IMO.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
Tried weighted pullups today for the 1st time (had only done BW before then), and noticed with the weight belt on, it seemed it ‘helped’ me feel it in my lats more, for whatever reason. I actually always avoided them beause I’m very arm-dominant, thinking heaver weight would just make it a arm-exercise, but it actually gave me the best lat pump I’ve had in forever. Def going to keep them for awhile…[/quote]

I’ve noticed this as well, bodyweight chins/pull ups were always a mediocre back exercise to me but weighted is a primary exercise for me now.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
^lol so your ceiling is pretty low too. I want to see a video with 90 lbs tought.[/quote]

If someone can do 25+ pullps @ 217lbs, bw+90 for 10 is very believable IMO.[/quote]

I believe it. Why would he make stuff up. Maybe I lack perspective but to me this is quite a feat of strength. That is why I am interested in seeing it. 2plates+10 wide grip for reps …impressive.

I’m not sure if anybody mentioned this or not, but try Rack Pull-ups. Pretty easy to ramp up on. Then after my work sets of these I move on to regular Pulls/Chins.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

If someone can do 25+ pullps @ 217lbs, bw+90 for 10 is very believable IMO.[/quote]

I believe it. Why would he make stuff up. Maybe I lack perspective but to me this is quite a feat of strength. That is why I am interested in seeing it. 2plates+10 wide grip for reps …impressive.[/quote]

At some point I will get a video up. I don’t think it’s anything that special.

one of Wendler’s ‘strong lifts’ on that he posted was +100x10, so that’s pretty cool that you’re so close to that.

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
one of Wendler’s ‘strong lifts’ on that he posted was +100x10, so that’s pretty cool that you’re so close to that.[/quote]

most i’ve done is +75x6 , training time = 10 months 5’9 180lbs . i would love to do +100x10. gotta put my mind to it.