Weighted Jump Squats for Vertical?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]lforrester wrote:
speaking as someone with a 40" box jump i can assure you it will help with your vert jump, when i started a 24" box was my limit. Also which part of my advice was “horrible” and why was it “horrible”? more importantly rather than just saying this is horrible … you could offer how you think the advice could be improved? Finally if you dont want to follow the advice … you dont have too, thats the point of ADVICE, thanks

So far as i could see the program i listed was covering the Phospho-creatine system, fast and slow twitch fibres through the lower body (with a predominate focus on the powerful fast twitch fibres, used for explosive force), the assissting muscles, the stability around the knees and ankles and these movements will all help with the triple extension through ankles knees and hips! [/quote]

No offense, a 40" box jump is nothing to brag about. I can hit mid 60’s off the run on a box, and low 40’s in true running vert. Your advice was generic, had pointless movements, too much volume, too many reps and not enough focus on quality. Someone said get your squat up and practice jumping. That is the best advice posted so far.

If you add 5lbs of bodyweight but 50lbs to your shoulder width stance parallel or below back squat and know how to jump you will have increased your horsepower tremendously and will be jumping higher. Guaranteed.[/quote]

i squat with a wider than shoulder stance cause i feel its more comfortable. not too wide, but definitely not shoulder width. does this equate to less help for vertical leap?

[quote]LTKO wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]lforrester wrote:
speaking as someone with a 40" box jump i can assure you it will help with your vert jump, when i started a 24" box was my limit. Also which part of my advice was “horrible” and why was it “horrible”? more importantly rather than just saying this is horrible … you could offer how you think the advice could be improved? Finally if you dont want to follow the advice … you dont have too, thats the point of ADVICE, thanks

So far as i could see the program i listed was covering the Phospho-creatine system, fast and slow twitch fibres through the lower body (with a predominate focus on the powerful fast twitch fibres, used for explosive force), the assissting muscles, the stability around the knees and ankles and these movements will all help with the triple extension through ankles knees and hips! [/quote]

No offense, a 40" box jump is nothing to brag about. I can hit mid 60’s off the run on a box, and low 40’s in true running vert. Your advice was generic, had pointless movements, too much volume, too many reps and not enough focus on quality. Someone said get your squat up and practice jumping. That is the best advice posted so far.

If you add 5lbs of bodyweight but 50lbs to your shoulder width stance parallel or below back squat and know how to jump you will have increased your horsepower tremendously and will be jumping higher. Guaranteed.[/quote]

i squat with a wider than shoulder stance cause i feel its more comfortable. not too wide, but definitely not shoulder width. does this equate to less help for vertical leap?
[/quote]

You should be fine bud.