T Nation

weighted dip belt

I am currently on CT’s OVT program and am getting to the point where I need a belt for dips. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a good(preferrably inexpesive) dip belt that is nylon and has a 1.5’-2’ chain? I would prefer to order online, but after looking myself havent found much, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

$hell

$hell, IronMind has a couple of options for you. They have a nylon dipping belt for $45. It does not appear to come with the chains. I have their super squat hip belt. It has nylon runners daisy chained together instead of a chain. Suppose to be good for 3,500 lbs. I use mine for dips and weighted chins. It is very comfortable. Kinda spendy at $90. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response! -shell

If you have a standard weightlifting belt, you can make your own. I went to the hardware store, bought a chain, a ring, and an “S” hook. It cost me around $7 and voila! It’s very sturdy (I’ve worked up to 100 lbs. onto it, and I know it could take more). You can also customize the chain length–but when you buy the chain, it’s always better to err on the long side. If you don’t own a traditional lifting belt, it may still be cheaper for you to buy one of those and “soup it up” accordingly.

An additional benefit of having a chain separate from the belt is that when you pull it out of your gym bag, you look like a badass mofo. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps. If you want more details, let me know.

I got mine in Portland (Patricia or Ko, maybe you could help me out with the name of the place – it’s south of Lloyd’s Center about 6 blocks) for $32 two years ago. Includes chain. Works great.

I just ordered mine from bodybuilding.com, it’s Grizzly brand, seems pretty good, and it was the best price I could find on the internet (around 25 bucks).